Head lights Fading in/out

Viago

Certified NRA Instructor
Hapends when I drive, at a stop. Fan on heater fades and clicking sound on auto on floor. Could it be altenator? I had both fan belts replaced about a mo ago cause was doing this.

Side note. my wagn is still foggy in back windows after hrs of heat.

05 2. 5Rs wgn.

4WRXter

Skier!
Do you have an aftermarket underdrive crank pulley, by chance? Check to be absolutely sure the belts are tight.

4WRXter

Skier!
Belts may not be slack with underdrive pulley. It is a smaller crank pulley for faster engine spool-up. It won't spin the belts/alternator fast enough at idle and slower speed, possibly resulting in dim lights and such. This is a total guess, but I am guessing most aftermarket pulleys would be colored. Blue, gold, red.?.?

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Belts may not be slack with underdrive pulley. It is a smaller crank pulley for faster engine spool-up. It won't spin the belts/alternator fast enough at idle and slower speed, possibly resulting in dim lights and such. This is a total guess, but I am guessing most aftermarket pulleys would be colored. Blue, gold, red.?.?
Pretty much anything besides rust coloured.
default_dry.png

Viago

Certified NRA Instructor
After market stereo turn off and on when brks applied and random intrvals stereo and heat turn off for like 5 sec. Lights kinda strobe. sqeels when I turn left.

Belt was checked no slack.

i-wagon

I think you may have a serious issue there. Is your battery dummy light coming on? If you have a spare alternator try putting it in and see if that helps any. But it sounds like you might have a helluva short somewhere

Viago

Certified NRA Instructor
I been told new bat might work. But ima pull my head unit out for now. See if that's the prob.

Fml

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
hate to fml your morning any worse, but sure sounds like bad alt. voltage regulator is built-in, sounds like that is fried. are you losing dash lights, digital odo and such? that is a dead giveaway.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
you life is fucked because of an electrical problem? I can think of a lot worse things ...

Latest posts

Back