most effective way to lift your subaru

Ray

The Northernah'
So I'm lifting the white OBS. This thread will be dedicated to people giving their input on the different way they have lifted their cars. will forester struts lift a GF wagon? or is my best option to do Paranoid fabs 1" spacers? heck I could even go crazy and do subframe spacers like the forester at WBM (Garret insert picture here) so what do you think? DISCUSS!

I want this clearance again!

41072_419337040825_625470825_5422222_3595683_n.jpg

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Finally!!!!!!!!!!! If you do struts, you should use the longer trailing arm bracket as well. Spacers work great too. Good to hear you're gonna lift it!!

Ray

The Northernah'
its about time I got my head straight isn't it
default_tongue.png
where would I get these brackets?

IBratmanI

I actually have to point out that the way that I used to lift all my older Subarus, is the EXACT same as Jackson Rally, and Subtle Solutions make their lift blocks. I used to have my grandfather cut out aluminum blocks the same shape as the strut top, and drill and tap holes for the longer studs. Just funny how several years later they came out with them for the newer ones!

Ray

The Northernah'
you could always just use washers to space the strut
default_additional_rockon.gif

^sarcasm

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Northernah'
that's the reason I said it
default_tongue.png
I remember you telling me that. So I was hoping youd chime in with your expertise Gabe..like a do's and donts list..or some hints?

SUBARUDE

I am doing a 99 legacy L right now with 1" body spacers from a 96-99 outback legacy and struts from a 06 forester with 1" subtle solution spacers on top of that so we will see how it turns out

IBratmanI

Yeah, Outbacks came with 1" aluminum spacers between the body and the front and rear crossmembers to drop the drivetrain down to keep the correct geometry for the longer struts.

So Gabe, you decided to go that option, instead of just doing struts and strut spacers? I think it will be much happier

SUBARUDE

they are steel spacers and there is more then just spacers there sway bar brackets the front control arms have longer rear mounting bushings and the trailing arm has a taller bracket also.last but not least the dog leg things in the rear also have 1" spacers also and almost forgot the longer steering shaft knuckle

standard trannys need the whole cross member cause the spacer is welded to it

automatic trannys have no tranny cross member spacers

these spacers buy what I have seen so far have only come in the 96-99 outback legacys

removing all this stuff was such a pleasure so re-installing is going to be so much fun LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back