Register Now

Posted Image
Welcome guest, thank you for visiting the MainelySubarus forums! Register today to enjoy the benefits of:

* Informational updates and news concerning the latest Subaru related information, updates, recalls, and more.
* Share and track your Subaru and the unique modifications you have done with our custom Members Garage.
* Finally make friends and have fun discussions in regards to Subaru's and modifications.
* Post and make new threads in a safe and fully moderated environment without the worry of harassment like on other larger forums.
* Users can share their insights and opinions on stores, purchases, and vendors.
* And many many other benefits, register today to experience them all!

Photo

Check engine light on my 2002 wrx

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Dustin

Dustin
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 06-August 11
  • Locationfarmington
  • Vehicle:02 subaru wrx
I have a check engine light on in my 2002 wrx. the code is, cyl lean bank 1 misfire on cly 1, 2, 3, 4, I changed to o2 sensor and mass air sensor, new plugs, and new fuel filter. Any ideas of what it could be?

Guest_02 WRX Chris_*

Guest_02 WRX Chris_*
  • Joined --
Did you clear the codes after changing everything?

OFFLINE   Pedro

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

• 5,794 posts
  • Joined 22-March 09
  • Vehicle:2006 AW Rex
did you set the gap for the plugs?
Cheers! Posted Image

OFFLINE   jaKe

jaKe

>>><<<>>><<<

• 482 posts
  • Joined 12-January 10
  • LocationBangor
  • Vehicle:goes sideways
Is there any leaking vacuum lines or loose clamps or torn boots in intake system?

OFFLINE   Nigel Prodrive

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer

• 3,691 posts
  • Joined 11-September 08
  • Vehicle:Snowball the 00 RS sedan or Larry the Lariat F-250, or Wolfie the 911S
Garage View Garage
plug wires OK?
!!! L3-/jump into straight @ T into beaver bog

OFFLINE   Rallytech14

Rallytech14
  • 615 posts
  • Joined 06-May 10
  • LocationSaco, ME
  • Vehicle:2002 Subaru Impreza WRX
Garage View Garage
^what pedro said

also, is there any chance you slipped timing?
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Dustin

Dustin
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 06-August 11
  • Locationfarmington
I have cleared the codes and gaped the plugs I also had it put on a smoke machine to test for vacume leaks and there was nun the only thing I can find is were the guy I bought the car off of had taped into the vacume line from the egr valve and has it going into the car and has nothing plug into it and I can hear it sucking for air when I step on it. The car also came with a turbo timer that was not hooked up could the line be for the turbo timer???? Thanks for all the info

OFFLINE   Nigel Prodrive

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer

• 3,691 posts
  • Joined 11-September 08
  • Vehicle:Snowball the 00 RS sedan or Larry the Lariat F-250, or Wolfie the 911S
Garage View Garage

... only thing I can find is were the guy I bought the car off of had taped into the vacume line from the egr valve and has it going into the car and has nothing plug into it and I can hear it sucking for air when I step on it. The car also came with a turbo timer that was not hooked up could the line be for the turbo timer???? Thanks for all the info

find out what that stray vac line should go to, hook it up, poof your prob is gone.
!!! L3-/jump into straight @ T into beaver bog

OFFLINE   jaKe

jaKe

>>><<<>>><<<

• 482 posts
  • Joined 12-January 10
  • LocationBangor
  • Vehicle:goes sideways
Some sort of a factory vacuum line diagram should be visible under the hood area (federal emissions requires these) if still present you can use this to figure where that vacuum line went or if its hacked leftovers and needs plugging/removal.

OFFLINE   Matt

Matt

Commander and Chief

• +Administrator
  • 5,851 posts
  • Joined 04-May 10
  • LocationWestbrook,Maine
  • Vehicle:2006 subaru wrx vf30 stg3
Garage View Garage

I have cleared the codes and gaped the plugs I also had it put on a smoke machine to test for vacume leaks and there was nun the only thing I can find is were the guy I bought the car off of had taped into the vacume line from the egr valve and has it going into the car and has nothing plug into it and I can hear it sucking for air when I step on it. The car also came with a turbo timer that was not hooked up could the line be for the turbo timer???? Thanks for all the info

you sure its the egr? possibly an old boost gauge that's been removed? im pretty sure theres nothing that ever goes from the egr into a vehicle. a vaccuum leak will make it run like crap, I always just use a can of brake clean and watch the o2 sensor graph but if you don't have a scan tool just listen for it to rev up a bit.

what mods are on the car? which o2 sensor did you replace? so it was a p0171, p0301,p0302,p0303,p0304 orrrrrrrr p0171 and p0300....sometimes one code will cause another.

rally2-Copy_zps583c3ac5.jpg

OFFLINE   Dustin

Dustin
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 06-August 11
  • Locationfarmington
I no it goes to the egr vavle they have a tee were they spliced it in and I put a nail in it last nite and disconected the battery witch reset my check engine light. I replaced the front o2. I think that the vacum line goes to the turbo timer that came with the car that they diconnected when I bought it from bay city motors

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users