Check engine light on my 2002 wrx

Dustin

I have a check engine light on in my 2002 wrx. the code is, cyl lean bank 1 misfire on cly 1, 2, 3, 4, I changed to o2 sensor and mass air sensor, new plugs, and new fuel filter. Any ideas of what it could be?

02 WRX Chris

Did you clear the codes after changing everything?

jaKe

>>><<<>>><<<
Is there any leaking vacuum lines or loose clamps or torn boots in intake system?

Dustin

I have cleared the codes and gaped the plugs I also had it put on a smoke machine to test for vacume leaks and there was nun the only thing I can find is were the guy I bought the car off of had taped into the vacume line from the egr valve and has it going into the car and has nothing plug into it and I can hear it sucking for air when I step on it. The car also came with a turbo timer that was not hooked up could the line be for the turbo timer???? Thanks for all the info

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
... only thing I can find is were the guy I bought the car off of had taped into the vacume line from the egr valve and has it going into the car and has nothing plug into it and I can hear it sucking for air when I step on it. The car also came with a turbo timer that was not hooked up could the line be for the turbo timer???? Thanks for all the info
find out what that stray vac line should go to, hook it up, poof your prob is gone.

jaKe

>>><<<>>><<<
Some sort of a factory vacuum line diagram should be visible under the hood area (federal emissions requires these) if still present you can use this to figure where that vacuum line went or if its hacked leftovers and needs plugging/removal.

Matt

I have cleared the codes and gaped the plugs I also had it put on a smoke machine to test for vacume leaks and there was nun the only thing I can find is were the guy I bought the car off of had taped into the vacume line from the egr valve and has it going into the car and has nothing plug into it and I can hear it sucking for air when I step on it. The car also came with a turbo timer that was not hooked up could the line be for the turbo timer???? Thanks for all the info
you sure its the egr? possibly an old boost gauge that's been removed? im pretty sure theres nothing that ever goes from the egr into a vehicle. a vaccuum leak will make it run like crap, I always just use a can of brake clean and watch the o2 sensor graph but if you don't have a scan tool just listen for it to rev up a bit.

what mods are on the car? which o2 sensor did you replace? so it was a p0171, p0301,p0302,p0303,p0304 orrrrrrrr p0171 and p0300....sometimes one code will cause another.

Dustin

I no it goes to the egr vavle they have a tee were they spliced it in and I put a nail in it last nite and disconected the battery witch reset my check engine light. I replaced the front o2. I think that the vacum line goes to the turbo timer that came with the car that they diconnected when I bought it from bay city motors

Latest posts

Back