2003 Subaru wrx sti jdm swap, EJ207, 6 speed, brembos, gt30, +more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

n8wrx

Spec B
SOLD SOLD SOLD!!!

Im just going to copy this posting from the craigslist ad I just put up, feel free to PM me with any questions etc.

It’s finally time to sell my swapped WRX. It pains me to see this go and the only reason I’m selling this car is to finance a house. The original car is a 2 owner 2003 Subaru WRX that I purchased in 2004 after graduating early from high school. At the time of purchase it had aprox. 33,000 miles on it. I drove the car to college for a couple years and after receiving an offer for a very good job I purchased another car and took this car off the road for winters (NO RUST!) I then decided to purchase from an import company a 2002 JDM STI full driveline to swap into the WRX essentially making this car an STI. The major difference of this car from a USDM STI is the US version receives an EJ257 engine which is a 2.5 liter engine with cast pistons, the JDM driveline uses a EJ207 which is a 2.0 liter STI engine consisting of fully forged internals (Version 7). Other major difference include larger port heads for intake and exhaust sides, larger coolant passages, thicker cylinder walls, larger “semi closed deck” reinforcements, as well as different internals in both the block and head. This engine also includes Subaru’s AVCS system which is their fancy name for variable valve timing (This is wired in using IAperformance’s simple plug and play system) The transmission is also a bit different from its US counterpart these differences include a billet machined shifter fork (will never have to worry about it wearing down causing the transmission to not engage gears) also 5th and 6th gear ratios are lower for better bottom end performance (good for autocross and drag racing, still viable for daily driving) Another difference is that there is no active center differential for the version 7, power is split 40% to the front and 60% to the rear using a viscous LSD which in my opinion is far superior to the suretrac unit used in later years for DCCD (Subaru’s active center differential) The version 7 is known for being the strongest engine and transmission combo option strait from the factory offered by Subaru and the sole reason I purchased this unit for my swap rather than any other. Most swaps include wiring issues in where a cars harness’s need to be cut and soldered back together, with this swap due to Subaru’s mass manufacturing it is not need, you will not find any hacked wiring in this car. The swap is a complete plug and play solution other than 8 wires which are used to control the AVCS (variable valve timing) due to the 2003 wrx not having AVCS IAperformance designed a plug and play 8 wire kit that you simply plug into your stock pin blocks on each side of the engine bay for each head and then into the ECU pin block. The ECU uses the same plug all you do is plug in the stock Version 7 ECU and you’re ready to go AVCS and all. I however did not just stop at swapping the engine and driveline into this car. I purchased an array of modifications including a Perrin V2 (no fitment issues with the V2) Rotated GT3076R kit and all of the underlying modifications to handle this sized turbocharger. The car was dyno tuned to 408 AWHP and 346 FT LBS using Open ECU on the stock version 7 ECU, I have sense redone the fuel system and added a ported and polished ceramic coated intake manifold with deleted butterfly valves. This all being said the car is in great condition for the year and no expense was spared, there are a few small blemishes with the body dings and dents here and there but it is from 2003. There is NO RUST on this car as I’ve kept it off the winter roads in Maine for years now and when it was used in the winter I washed the full car, underside and all to remove salt and whatever else they use on a weekly basis. Below I have included a list of modification and a few images. I have plenty more pictures and can be best reached at my email to provide anymore you may want. I will however not let anyone test drive the car unless I see proof of a very serious offer, I am however willing to take anyone for a drive in the car if you wish to see it operate. All of the Version 7 components on this car have less than 40,000 miles and the frame had aprox. 85,000 miles (last registration I put 100k I believe). Asking price is $16,000 and I’m relatively firm but open to offers. Trades will be considered ONLY with $13,000 cash + trade for a very very select group of cars (Legacy SS, any Impreza coupe 5 speed, Celica All Trac, 93-94 Sentra SER, GSX (awd), Talon TSI (awd), Acura GSR(STOCK OR MILD MILD MODS ONLY), other AWD, Turbo type sporty car? No other Hondas or Acuras please)

Engine/ Drivetrain

Ej207 Version 7

-Big port heads, fully forged internals, AVCS functional

-Grimmspeed port and polish, ceramic coated, TGV deleted intake manifold

Version 7 ECU

- Open ECU dyno tuned (408 AWHP, 346 FT LBS, 21PSI pump 93)

Version 7 6 speed,

-Non DCCD, billet shift fork, shorter 5th and 6th gearing, viscous center LSD

-All new fluids (grimmspeeds “Uncle Scotty’s cocktail mix”

-Gimmick motorsports short throw shifter

-New transmission speed sensor

-Custom CnC machined aluminum shifter knob, and aluminum reverse lock out (normally plastic)

Version 7 Brembo brakes (new black powder coat, new o ring seals, new boots, new bleed screws)

-Stoptech slotted rotors

-Axiss ultimate pads

-Stoptech stainless steel brake lines

Version 7 R180 rear differential

Version 7 Hubs, Knuckles, axles (5x100)

Version 7 Engine and transmission cross members

Cusco solid engine and transmission mounts

Brand new USDM STI driveshaft

Perrin GT3076R v2 turbo kit

-Garrett dual ball bearing gt3076R

-Perrin up pipe (stainless steel)

-Perrin downpipe (stainless steel)

-Tial 44mm wastegate with downpipe integrated dump tube (v-band)

-Custom short ram intake

Hallman ProRX ceramic ball boost controller

Full 3 inch stainless exhaust

-Perrin’s rotated downpipe

-Blitz nur spec R strait mid pipe

-SPT (OEM Subaru Performance Tech) axle back, OEM look, reasonable sound level

Grimmspeed Port and polish Ceramic coated exhaust manifold

-EGT tap

-Grimmspeed crossover pipe

TurboXS Rotated FMIC

-setup for blow through MAF (safe way to operate atmospheric blow off valve)

Mishimoto Aluminum radiator

Mishimoto Silicone radiator hoses

Gates racing alternator/ power steering belt

Boomba CnC machined fuel rail kit

-full stainless steel –AN fitting connection to body lines

Fuel labs fuel pressure regulator

Fuel labs fuel filter

Walbro 255

Optima Redtop battery

Custom 8 gauge wire grounding kit

(AC has been removed but all parts will be included for reinstallation)

Suspension

BC racing Coilover suspension

-Front and rear pillowball mounts

-rear camber plates

Exterior

Authentic Prodrive front lip

EDM headlights (not JDM that will blind oncoming traffic)

OEM JDM STI hood scoop

OEM JDM STI grill (modified to be pillar-less in the center)

Rota tarmac 3 rims black with blue lip (lip is peeling due to paint defect, easy to make polished)

-Kumho Ecsta SPT summer tires (aprox. 5k miles, TONS of tread)

Faux carbon fiber fog light covers

Painted stock sideskirts

OEM 2006 WRX wingless trunk swap (including tensioners)

Interior

OEM Version 8 JDM STI front seats (tighter fit more sidewall, alternative design to USDM cars)

OEM Version 8 Gauge cluster

-Shows in KPH, I have installed IAPerformance’s KPH to MPH converter so actual is MPH

2004 USDM STI blue carpet (included is a brand new 05 WRX black carpet still in the plastic)

2004 USDM STI rear seat

2004 USDM STI shifter surround

2004 USDM STI door cards

OEM JDM STI black floor mats (embroidered STI logo)

Custom fiberglass center dash section (painted black)

Custom Black suede covered pillars (starting to peel, need to be redone but still look good)

Custom Black dyed headliner

Custom black painted headliner plastics

Mad daddy 66mm gauges (Oil pressure, EGT, PSI)

Innovative LC-1 wideband

Rare vent gauge pod (forget brand, literally only one I’ve ever seen that’s not a custom job)

ATI center dash clock pod (blue insert included, not installed)

HKS turbo timer with harness already installed

Pioneer deck

PIAA aftermarket speakers

I’m sure I forgot a couple things on this list, if you’re serious about the car come and see it and I will go over it with a fine toothed comb for you as I know it is a very highly modified car. I assure you that this car could operate as a daily driver in the summer and the only modification needed for a winter car would be tires. I drive it to work in the summer months which is a 75 mile trip a day and ive never had any issues other than it does like to be warmed up before run but this is common in all larger turbo cars.

Call or text anytime…

Two – Zero – Seven – Four – Three – Two – One – Five – Four – Zero

(for spam purposes)

You can also get me by email as I check this email multiple times daily. Thanks for looking at my post and I look forward to meeting my cars new owner.

Aprox. Values of some key items

100% stock cars NADA value at 85,000 miles: $9,750

Full version 7 driveline setup: $9,000.00

Perrin gt3076R rotated kit: $3,799.00

TurboXS FMIC (including additional piping for rotated kits) $1000.00

Rims and tires: $1400.00

EDM headlamps: $1200.00

Version 8 front seats: $800.00

2004 STI interior bits: $500.00

Prodrive front lip: $400.00

Gauge setup (including LC-1): $900.00

Fuel setup (SS lines, filter, regulator, pump, rails) $1000.00

Aluminum radiator and hoses: $300.00

Version 8 cluster plus wiring KPH to MPH: $450.00

Tuning: $750.00

And this is just a few of the items I listed minus labor for all the work done, total just this list comes to almost $32,000.00 here alone and most the parts have less than 5,000 miles on them, worth $16,000? I think it is and more but $16,000 is what I’m asking.

73623_1546310109034_1573497426_31288486_5538163_n.jpg

IMAG0113.jpg

IMAG0072.jpg

IMAG0071.jpg

wrxedit.jpg

DSC_1117FB.jpg

Picture053-1.jpg

Picture049-2.jpg

l_16ce8289dee940b999a5c4ae3a18fdb5.jpg

Picture002-3.jpg

headcomparisonne8.jpg

Picture305.jpg

Picture284.jpg

Picture243.jpg

blockcomparisonmq6.jpg

Picture034.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

n8wrx

Spec B
Thanks! I really dont want to sell her and if it ends up taking too long ill just keep her but I realise im getting older and there are more things I need to use my money for rather than this car. Like a house and a nice caribian vacation
default_smile.png
haha

Iboc_C64

I will take something I can keep and use every day at my own leisure over any vacation to any place period. Years of excitement on dirt and snow and tarmac are better than a week or two of hot, humid weather with blue water and blue skies. I guess being single allows me to get away with that eh? First girl ever tells me to trade my WRX is gonna get traded herself. LMAO.

Now, if it were being sold to MOVE to a Carribean island.... well then I might entertain it, but never for 2 weeks. Not worth the money IMO.

Also to the OP, no insult intended by the comment, just my 2 cents. I can't see the pics here at work but judging by the list, it must be a beautiful car. Good luck with the sale!

n8wrx

Spec B
Thanks guys, sorry no trades unless the ones specified in the listing thanks for the offer tho.

No offence taken all at to the last comment, the major reason of the sale is for a house not the vacation
default_tongue.png
. The vacation is just going to be a benefit I get between the selling of the car and the buying of the house because once I buy a house theres not gonna be ANY vacations ANYTIME soon haha. Got to get it in while I can. Kinda funny you say the thing about the girl vs the car too haha as my girl wants me NOT to sell it, kinda the exact opposite of the normal haha.

Iboc_C64

Sounds like the girl is a Keeper! The car too, hope you win the lottery or something so you can keep this Gem!

n8wrx

Spec B
Yea she is haha just bought her a little 02 RS bugeye of her own. if I win the lottery you better believe im gonna keep it, as well as buy a garage for her, and about 50k worth of new parts and custom paint. I highly doupt that will happen tho haha
default_smile.png

Sounds like the girl is a Keeper! The car too, hope you win the lottery or something so you can keep this Gem!

n8wrx

Spec B
couple bites nothing really serious atm. Shoot me an offer, worst I can say is no thanks im not going to be a meany
default_smile.png
but please do be realistic

PS: just bought powerball tickets wish me luck! lol

n8wrx

Spec B
Someone out there must want to make a offer on this thing, I really dont want to part it out but if I have to I might...

n8wrx

Spec B
I will if you trade me something to put on it lol, and there in rough shape with the blue lip. its peeling off making it just a polish lip instead.

Jamey

What size are they ? I have 18's With brand new fierce tires I wanted the blu you have any pics of the bad ?

n8wrx

Spec B
18x8 designed for subys no need for rings. its only really like id say 1 rim that is that bad and its about a 3 inch section peeling off, its still attached but kinda flapping in the wind. I suppose you could try some adhesive of some kind on it and stick it back on I think that would work. I was just going to make them polish all around on all 4. I can take some pics but wont be too soon suppose to get snow tomorrow. Your welcome to come look in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back