New Rally Clsification for NASA

jaKe

>>><<<>>><<<
So it is my understanding of this that driver would now have to rely on spectator or workers to take a picture of him/herself standing on the car upside down in the ditch?

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092
Has anyone else mentioned how horrible of an idea this really is?

ReZPunK

no more horrible than Rally moto where the bikers are solo.

a rally moto guy can go off, and not be found untill after they realize he is not where he needs to be. at Black river Stages there was a biker who went off HARD, broke both wrists, and couldn't be seen from the road. he managed to get him and his bike back on the road and get to the end of the stage.

from what I hear is the solo guys will run after the rally teams because they might be slower

from an organizers standpoint...entries are entries...in this economy...getting paid entries is a good thing.

jaKe

>>><<<>>><<<
I could see how it can draw more entries for cars. I could see me trying it If I had a car and potentially no codriver available,

As far as moto goes like at blackriver...Rob can I run my kawasaki klr 650? What do those guys run I know its slow but damn least I can race. I never thought to look into those rules. love driving that thing all wiggly on dirt. hahhahahahahhahha.

I just found the rules and faqs for rallymoto. awesome. My bike would be medium class. basically new boots, suit, helmet and tires and I could race. Just not sure how I feel about orphaning the kids. dammit.

Last edited by a moderator:

abenson100

get a good life insurance policy
default_smile.png

ReZPunK

or not drive at a pace that would get you into a whole bunch of trouble...a pace that is fun and to finish...

DOOOOO EEEET!!!!!!

jaKe

>>><<<>>><<<
or not drive at a pace that would get you into a whole bunch of trouble...a pace that is fun and to finish...

DOOOOO EEEET!!!!!!
Im not sure how long I could hold back from push push push. We will see how my other plans go I could always fall back on this. Tow my bike trailer with the Outback, instant service hauler.

get a good life insurance policy
default_smile.png
I have one.... but not sure what coverage is in "Events" such as racing. maybe I should read it.

Mighty Subie

Do it. I would come and wrench with you if needed. Apparently I shouldn't be allowed to install oil seals though... Dont ask.

Anders Green

Zombie thread....

but, the NASA Rally Sport medical coverage is 1,000,000 dollars. I know I'm glad that there's that much when I take the start line on my motorcycle.
default_smile.png
I figure that's enough to make me 1/6th bionic, so that should do it. Missed it for 2012, but bring that bike out to Black River Stages next year.
default_smile.png

Anders

Last edited by a moderator:

jaKe

>>><<<>>><<<
Now seriously considering again... Maybe if I start planning now.

Anders Green

Pretty much a triangle, first aid kit, a laminated red cross/ok sign, and you probably want a enduro scroll chart reader. You can seriously have your bike "legal for RallyMoto" in a single afternoon.

Anders

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
Anders, despite my peevish copilote-centric old post above, this idea has merit esp if it gets ppl off their butts and out on stage.

Anders Green

The first people that have done it have all said "I would NEVER have tried rally if I had to have someone next to me telling me what to do." Then, _after_ the rally, said "Hmm, I bet I could go even faster with a codriver."

It's _supposed_ to be a gateway drug. If people came in and did one RallySolo event, and never ran without a codriver again, I'm sure there would be plenty of people who said "See? They get a codriver. The idea is stupid." Nope, if that happens, it's working perfectly.

Anders

jaKe

>>><<<>>><<<
I get it. I am glad to hear its working. Hard for a new guy to sport to have connections for a co driver who may be reliable or have necessary safety gear right away.

Latest posts

Back