holset he351ve bugeye

dirtbikeridr12

boost junkie
**UPDATED SEPT 7TH, lots of new pics**

***UPDATE SEPT 19th, page 2***

figured id start a thread with details, problems, etc of this build. the car itself has been a never ending project, and is always being tinkered on, but this is yet another radical change. It currently is running a ej22t block with 05wrx heads, fully built internals and is now 2.35l, mated to a 68hta @28lbs of boost. FMIC, 6mt swap, walbro 255, DW 850cc injectors, ceramic coated header/UP and 3in turbo back. Those are the major mods, there are other lil mods done here and there but those are the big things I figure most people will care about.

before you ask, no I do not have dyno numbers, its only road tuned currently but the new setup will be dyno tuned.

The new setup will be a holset he351ve from a 6.7 cummins (rotated obviously), t4 to vband, 40 or 44mm EWG haven't decided which yet, high flow fuel rails/lines, A/O separator, etc. ill still run my 850cc injectors for now, as I was told for the guy doing my current tune that they would be sufficient for a 35r sized turbo as long as I dont plan on doing e85. but I may still upgrade to 1000s in the near future. Ill be swapping in a r180 as well as I went the cheap route before and converted my r160 to a 3.90 ratio.

a friend is currently trying to convince me to go reversed intake manifold, and he may be winning, so expect that as well.

Teaser pic of turbo sitting in the corner of the engine bay. Im hoping to begin installation and fabriction by mid may, and completion by june.

1335135363.jpg

this is the car the new setup will be going into

1335135361.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tyler

How is that hybrid motor setup? That's essentially what I've been working on for my car for the past couple years (because I have no time to get it done
default_additional_sillylol.gif
) Will I be pleasantly surprised with the results or am I going to be disappointed?

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
Wow. that's impressive man props. And more props for being brave enough to run such a big turbo!

GClark

Tims addicted to boost, its an issue. His current setup is already insane, this new setup is going to be ludacris.

dirtbikeridr12

boost junkie
How is that hybrid motor setup? That's essentially what I've been working on for my car for the past couple years (because I have no time to get it done
default_additional_sillylol.gif
) Will I be pleasantly surprised with the results or am I going to be disappointed?
I like it a lot, but as clark mentioned I do have a problem. I want more power. hahaha but the motor itself is great, ive pushed mine to 35psi before, and usually run 28psi as a DD. I compression tested it a few weeks back before I started buying for the build and compression still checks out perfectly. depending on your supporting mods, turbo and power goals id say you will be happy with the motor. I know I have been and ive been running it for almost 30k now. im already thinking about my next motor build (leaning towards a built 3.3 with this holset feeding it.)

Looks good! and Do you think you have enough hella horns?
never have enough hellas
default_wink.png
butttt I do need to get another grill..

Tyler

I like it a lot, but as clark mentioned I do have a problem. I want more power. hahaha but the motor itself is great, ive pushed mine to 35psi before, and usually run 28psi as a DD. I compression tested it a few weeks back before I started buying for the build and compression still checks out perfectly. depending on your supporting mods, turbo and power goals id say you will be happy with the motor. I know I have been and ive been running it for almost 30k now. im already thinking about my next motor build (leaning towards a built 3.3 with this holset feeding it.)
If you don't mind, I may have some questions for you. I really want this done by this summer and you may have just given me the motivation that I need!

dirtbikeridr12

boost junkie
what bar is that on the front? love the car/setup btw
My light bar/ protection for my fmic, it now has lights Haha

Updates/ pics to come, holset is in the car, need to finish some lil.things and get it tuned, hoping to have it on the road soon, these last two.weeks without it have sucked.

dirtbikeridr12

boost junkie
td04 vs the holset

IMAG1129.jpg

meth setup

IMAG0998.jpg

IMAG0997.jpg

needed somethin stronger..

IMAG1388.jpg

test fit

IMAG1363.jpg

IMAG1361.jpg