My Brat

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Well, back on the road this goes!!! I got her insured and registered today, just need to work on getting a sticker!! First I need to get a ride to my parents house and put the new plate stickers on, and then drive it back to my house to work on a few small details. Now that 987687 has an off road Subaru, I figured I might as well use mine instead of letting it sit. And it will take some of the commuter miles off my XT

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Niiiiice. If you guys do some rough wheelin this summer, I'd be down to tag along in one of the jeeps (I know, blasphemy!!!) kicking around at my parents house. I promise to stay out of any pictures.
default_additional_ranting.gif

IBratmanI

Yeah I hope to go out a few times anyway. It's been a while, hopefully I can still drive it!!! Haha.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I'll give you a hand getting it back to your house. As long as it is before Friday. And saturday I leave for 3 weeks :/

I can't wait for this to be on the road!

IBratmanI

Sweet, yeah maybe tonight. Depending on how hard it rains today, maybe earlier. I'm sure I'll talk to you at some point anyway. Thanks!!

IBratmanI

So it's home!!! And thanks to Chris (987687) for the ride to get it!! Everything seems to still work good. Have to fiddle with the rear blinker, but other than that, it drives great, and all the lights work, and Chris soldered up my horn, because the wire came off. Just need to mess with a few things, and it should be good to go!!!

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
For some reason I wasn't getting emails saying this thread updated... weird. I think it's better now.

I'm so excited it's back on the road!!

And BTW you also need a right reverse light.

IBratmanI

Nice! Thanks for the pics. Yeah I gotta get that reverse light changed out. What side was it?? I should have a chance to do a few things to it tomorrow. Hopefully!!

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Right side.

Side note, but I think I have memory for your laptop too. I have a stack of old laptops still needing to be parted out. So I'll save some memory for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Winch installed and working!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_2891.jpg

WARNING: This following picture will upset all the photoshop purists out there (you know who you are). It is a rendering of the future, actual picture to come!

offroading.jpg

IBratmanI

Lmao that's awesome!!!! Can't wait for that!!! I hope my tires are more round than that though, would make for a real rough ride if not!! Haha.

Yup winch is all on and working!! Got the reverse light changed out, pretty sad the filament was still brand new, but the socket had corroded and fallen apart. Also think I was able to fix my hi-lo shifter so it doesn't hit anymore, and put on an Accel super stock coil, that I got from Gabe a while back. Then cleaned it up a bit on the inside. I think it's good to go.....I hope!!

IBratmanI

I just remembered that I have a set of Brat decals to go on the sides where the originals went. I'll have to put those on this weekend!!

IBratmanI

So I went to try to get a sticker this morning and they were out!! But I wouldn't have quite passed anyway. The reverse light that I fixed yesterday is out again, and a side marker light that was working yesterday is out!!! I hate it when that happens!! But I'll take it back there Monday and get one no prob!!

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
So I went to try to get a sticker this morning and they were out!! But I wouldn't have quite passed anyway. The reverse light that I fixed yesterday is out again, and a side marker light that was working yesterday is out!!! I hate it when that happens!! But I'll take it back there Monday and get one no prob!!
Did you take it where I said? Yah, first time I took the GL there they were out of stickers too. Sucks.

IBratmanI

Yeah same place. I got the light bulbs working, just bad connections. He also wanted the little bit of door rust "prettied up" so I did that. Added the BRAT decals, threw a spare tire in the back, along with a come along and a four way. I still need a jack. Most jacks don't come close to lifting it because it's too tall.

Latest posts

Back