Who Runs Amsoil or Rotella T6?

Roche

So heres the deal. My dealer has this free tire replacement as long as you get your "recommended" service done by them.

My tires are bald, one has run flat in it, and the other keeps getting low.

I'm do for an oil change in <2k and I wanted Amsoil (good for about 5-6k maybe more) with the Amsoil egine flush. The dealer said this was not recommended by Subaru and hence they will not do it.

So my questions are-

Should I get my free tires and do the engine flush and Amsoil myself and bring it back for an oil change in 5k, or would it be safe enough to just put Rotella T6 in it at my recommeded intervals with an Amsoil filter?

My car is a 2005 LGT.

Bperry41

I don't know much about amsoil, but I purely run rotella t6 in my legacy. I do about 3.5k-4k oci. I'm sure there is some that will chime in with experience on both and a better recommendation.

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
I run the T6 in my STi. I must say that the car runs much more smoother than the 10-30 they use. I still use the subaru oil filter too.

only downfall I have seen was about 1-2 mpg drop.

Get it at Tractor supply or wal-mart for $21 a gallon

Roche

I was thinking 5-40 Rotella, but still a little unsure of a filter. I was thinking of using the Amsoil filter or K&N, the OEM seems to be AC Delco.

I suppose any is better than the tiny M1 I have now

Last edited by a moderator:

sooch

Type-RA
I was thinking 5-40 Rotella, but still a little unsure of a filter. I was thinking of using the Amsoil filter or K&N, the OEM seems to be AC Delco.

I suppose any is better than the tiny M1 I have now
im running a napa gold filter (oem one) and 5w40 royal purple in my ej20k. no problems yet

Roche

I think I'll try Rotella T6 with a Napa Gold filter. I'll use the Amsoil engine flush before I drain it though, trying to keep my engine running great as I can't afford my timing belt change for a while. Hopefully the dealer doesn't notice I won't come in for an oil change for 6500 miles!

Roche

What exactly is the OEM filter? I thought napa gold was but im not sure now.

I don't know if the dealer is still using my crush washer or not. I doubt I could get them to replace it

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
What exactly is the OEM filter? I thought napa gold was but im not sure now.

I don't know if the dealer is still using my crush washer or not. I doubt I could get them to replace it
If they didn't replace the crush washer, it would be leaking oil. The Subaru filter is made by Subaru and for 6 you can't go wrong

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I never replaced a crush washer, ever, until last year. I never had any oil leaks from the drain plug either.

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
I never replaced a crush washer, ever, until last year. I never had any oil leaks from the drain plug either.
sometimes you might be fine, but .34 for a crush washer, you have peace of mind. From personal experience, not necessarily on subarus, drain plugs have leaked when reusing crush washers.

Latest posts

Back