Opinions on tires

dsmith

Just picked up some new wheels for my wrx today and the rubber on them is toast so i'll be needing to buy some tires. I'm kind of on a budget, and have been looking for some deals on ebay but I figured I'd ask on here to see what I should be looking for/what size would suit me best.

Wheels are 17x9 +48 offset, and I have coilovers. Want little to no stretch with the tires. Thanks

oh5xt

Just picked up some new wheels for my wrx today and the rubber on them is toast so i'll be needing to buy some tires. I'm kind of on a budget, and have been looking for some deals on ebay but I figured I'd ask on here to see what I should be looking for/what size would suit me best.
Wheels are 17x9 +48 offset, and I have coilovers. Want little to no stretch with the tires. Thanks
I ran Bridgestone potenza re 760 sports last summer and I was very pleased with them.

hooligansti

If you can find them Federals 595rs-rs or 595 EVOs are fairly cheap and sticky. I'm running 17X9 +42 with 255/40 595rs-r on my Wagon. The 255s fit nice and square on the 17x9s. I ran 245/40 Yokohama A048s last year when I got the wheels and they looked pretty square as well. The rs-r run wide so you could probably stick a 235/40 on a 9 without much of a stretch. My 255s look more like 265s. Picture for visual reference:

IMG_20130420_190407_219.jpg

I'm on coilovers as well but mildly low. My fenders are rolled and pulled a little to fit the 255s on the narrow Wagon body without rubbage. A sedan should have less of an issue with tires this wide.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back