Cumberland Motor Club's 2013 Season Schedule

Apollyon12

April 28, 2013 Bill Dodge Bill Dodge, Westbrook, ME

May 19, 2013 Bill Dodge Bill Dodge, Westbrook, ME

June 9, 2013 Brunswick Landing (Major) Former Brunswick Naval Air Station, Brunswick ME 

June 23, 2013 Crooker Crooker Lot, West Bath, ME

June 30, 2013 Bill Dodge Bill Dodge BMW, Westbrook, ME    

July 14, 2013 Jetport Jetport Annex Lot, Portland, ME    

July 28, 2013 Cooker Crooker Lot, West Bath, ME    

Aug 17, 2013 Former Loring AFB (Major) Former Loring AFB, Limestone, ME    

Aug 18, 2013 Former Loring AFB (Major) Former Loring AFB, Limestone, ME    

Sep 1, 2013 Crooker Crooker Construction Lot, West Bath, ME    

Sep 15, 2013 Jetport Jetport Annex Lot, Portland, ME    

Sep 29, 2013 Jetport Jetport Annex Lot, Portland, ME    

Oct 13, 2013 Crooker Crooker Construction Lot, West Bath, ME

http://www.cumberlandmotorclub.com/AXSchedule

As you can see, the first event is coming up soon.   This year the club has brought back the Road Tire classes for all the people who qualify for a class that allows R-Comps but are using street tires instead (treadwear of 140 or greater).   These are a great set of classes and there is some really good competition in them.

I will be racing in the RTR class (Road Tire RWD) and everyone has an open invitation to take a ride in my passenger seat.

Preregistration is encouraged as there is a $10 surcharge for registering the day of the event.

https://axwaresystems.com/axorm/calendar_main.php

New people are welcome to come and race without becoming a CMC member on their first event, but membership is required thereafter.   Creating an account on the CMC forum or the Axware registration site is free and anyone can sign up.

Also note that this year there is one event at the former Bruswick Naval Airstation.   This could be the best venue here in the northeast and the club has been working a long time to get permission to race there.

http://skism.org/cmc/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5234

Last edited by a moderator:

urabusturbo

I plan on attending a few events this summer. I couldn't care less what class I am in I just need to do better than my roomate does in his stupid dorito powered turbo rx-7.

Apollyon12

Had a great event today with a lot of new faces.

Rick, sorry it didn't work out to get you a ride today.   You have a rain check for any event you can make it to in the future.

Dreadpiratepikle

Went to my first autox yesterday at Bill Dodge, it was f'n awesome. I signed up for BNAS last night. I can't wait, now I just need to refrain from blowing every paycheck until then on upgrades....

brighton

Rally Fluffer
Went to my first autox yesterday at Bill Dodge, it was f'n awesome. I signed up for BNAS last night. I can't wait, now I just need to refrain from blowing every paycheck until then on upgrades....
Tires would be the only thing you should be thinking about. Learn how to drive better,smoother quicker... that will be the most rewarding and cost effective. The only thing you will need is seat time. 

Dreadpiratepikle

Tires would be the only thing you should be thinking about. Learn how to drive better,smoother quicker... that will be the most rewarding and cost effective. The only thing you will need is seat time. 
Yeah, I'm thinking of getting ar set of Z1s and new rims just for AutoX. I had them on my old WRX as my summer tires, they were pretty sticky.

Apollyon12

The extra set of rims is a really good idea.   Either swap the night before or at the event.

Don't bother getting really expensive, lightweight rims.   It won't be worth the money without all the other supporting mods to make your car the best it can be.   Just get a cheap set of used ones you don't mind getting beat up.

Star specs or one of the other slightly higher treadwear tire is a good choice.   The WRX's are a heavier car and need a tire that will cope with the extra heat and wear.   Something like the Toyo R1R's will wear out way too fast and are much more expensive.

Strickly from a cost standpoint, if you can fit 16" rims over your brakes, the 16" tires (and rims) will be cheaper.   The slightly less stiff sidewall / narrower tread width will not affect your performance enough to justify the added cost of the bigger rims and tires.

Also remember, which class you are in will restrict what wheel and tire combo is legal.

drunkinmonk

Thank you Cumberland motor club for today's event at Bill Dodge! My frist autocross now I'm hooked.

Got a ride in the drift car, got a ride in the solstice, won a tent from bmw, free lunch by the meat house (my fave) and meet some cool people.

I was in my outback xt with the cargo top of you saw it. My best time was 27.2 not to shabby for a stock noob.

Latest posts

Back