snow tire review, Goodyear ultra grip winter

i-wagon

So in my search for snows this winter I'd Sworn I wouldn't buy directionals because they only rotate front to back unless dismounted and turned around, I honestly couldn't find anything that wasn't expensive, so I went with the cheapest you're I could find in 195 65 15, touch taller, skinnier, more sidewall than stock. Ran from November to this weekend, lots of miles. They behave well, not great on dry pavement, but my summers aren't much better. Ride was good, but the snow traction was amazing. I never had an issue getting around all winter. At one point I pulled a Saturn out of a ditch, uphill, in 4 inches snow, didn't spin. Bombed out in to the field at the inlaws in 18 inches snow to twitch out a snow machine, didn't get stuck. For those that don't know, I work for a large municipality in androscoggin county and Plow, so I'm on the roads when they are the worst and these tires performed the best of any I've driven on, plus they don't look like they wore much, and I drive like an id when it's not snowing. Basically, I think they can't be beat for the price I paid

Last edited by a moderator:

Jamey

Ultra grips are great. Big seller

And all police cars use them. If that tells you something

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt

Lol. Slippy slide yes. No ditch yet.

I actually liked my 195/65/15 better in the snow.

Latest posts

Back