Official NEFR 2013 thread.

05RSKID

i will either end up volunteering or working on the same team as last year if they need my help.

brighton

Rally Fluffer
Folks, make sure to sign up for volunteering. You will be able to be closer to the action! You will also get some sweet NEFR swag.  http://www.newenglandforestrally.com/workers/sign-up-form/

Some of the positions we need to have filled are:

Road Marshal
A Road Marshal is assigned a junction where a side road joins the rally stage and is responsible for making sure that no unauthorized people or vehicles enter the stage at that junction. This is one of the most important positions for ensuring safe operation of the rally, while, at the same time, it is also one of the easiest positions for a novice rally volunteer to perform.

Time Control Marshal
A Time Control Marshal is assigned a position at the start or finish of each stage and notes the time that the rally competitor arrives at their position in a log and on the time card that the competitors carry with them. The competitors must pass through these stage time controls, as well as when entering or exiting the service area and at the beginning and end of each leg of the rally. There are additional specific tasks associated with the type of the time control that the marshal is assigned to. While it is ideal for an experienced rally volunteer to work these positions, the tasks that need to be performed are simple enough that a novice rally volunteer should be able to pick them up quickly.

Spectator Area Marshal
A Spectator Area Marshal is assigned one of the spectator areas along the rally stages and is responsible for making sure that the spectators viewing the rally there do not put themselves in harm’s way. Instruction will be provided concerning what constitutes safe and unsafe rally spectating. Similar to the Road Marshal, these positions are important for keeping people safe, while, at the same time, being relatively easy for a novice rally volunteer to perform.

Specialized Positions
There are a number of positions that require specific training, licensing or experience. Among these are Ham Radio Operators, Emergency Medical Technician, Vehicle Extraction and Recovery and Technical Scrutineer.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I'll be there with my car loaded something like this
default_smile.png

Service crew for SiF
default_biggrin.png

IMG_4676_zpsa6d402dd.jpg

Rmayo

I'll be there with meg32. Either working on #779 or spectating if he decides not to enter this year. See you all there!

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
Last Ditch Racing just registered. Nigel will be rejoining long-time partner John Cassidy in the right seat of our battle-hardened #110 STI, aka Tulip 4. Can't WAIT to make big noise in the woods, kick up some dust, and throw mud at all of yez speccies!

Last edited by a moderator:

jaKe

>>><<<>>><<<
I will see you guys there, Scrutineering thursday, and Tech team probably around service and or re-fuel area same as I did last year.

For any new to sport or NEFR guys on here I highly recommend volunteering, sign up for stage crew or spectator marshal to see best viewing (all the good parts regular people can't see most of time) and you will get a shirt probably and maybe more in free swag. Plus you know that you are helping continue on the event.

Future ralli-est? Test yourself, I have seen people in past with rally dreams, in my opinion if you cannot commit to volunteering than competing down the road is unlikely. Recommend also read Dan's buildup of his RS for this.

Nice truck. Looks like back of mine but different color. Liking your front leather seats though.

I'll be there with my car loaded something like this
default_smile.png

Service crew for SiF
default_biggrin.png

IMG_4676_zpsa6d402dd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Nice truck. Looks like back of mine but different color. Liking your front leather seats though.
The back seat is leather now, too. I put them in when it was still cold, so i was lazy actually bolting in the rear... And yes, it makes a fantastic little truck with covered storage haha
default_smile.png

Fiance and I registered to volunteer as soon as it went live. Renting a cabin nearby with a few friends. Might have convinced a few co-workers to check it out as well.

Next year we are getting married up at SR as well. I tiried to convince her we should do it on NEFR weekend, but we decided on early July instead. Maybe I'll get lucky and NEFR will need to move the date again :)

katnip

the car is black. I swear
I will be there volunteering as well.  Helping run the service parks as always.

05RSKID

Looks like I will be volunteering this year since Simon isn't running at nefr this year, unless anyone needs help with a crew.

Latest posts

Back