pig roast

Industry

I'm roasting pigs like a Boss. Two at a time.

20130726_204705_zps178b12fe.jpg

Industry

Yes, i do this with my father on the side. we use all maple wood. This roast was for Big Moose harley.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
If I could ever get enough people to come, I'd love to have a pig roast here at my place. I think a pig roast on the lake would be pretty sweet!

Alura

unfortuantely we just spent a lot of money on food and barely made it all back because people rsvp'd and then never showed up. So we really don't have the funds for another bbq right now. But we definitely want to do another one in the future, possibly early fall.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
That would help, or people just need to stop being deadbeats. I always have to do the "Mainely Subarus Math" when I set meets up. Ok, 20 people RSVP'd, better tell the restaurant 12-14.

People saying they're going to buy things than not following through. People saying they're going to show up and not following through. I mean I know Subaru's are the new fast and furious honda civics or eclipses these days but seriously have some integrity guys.

As for the OP those pigs look amazing and I have always wanted to do a pig roast at my folks place. So much lawn for big gatherings.

scubiecraig

I do see your point Dan, but "life" does happen and people will have to back out (even when they have RSVP'd as a yes).  Even weddings you can account for a 20% rate of people not showing up after they've RSVP'd yes.  

That being said, I definitely can see the frustration when things are planned and cost money/lose money.  I would say that MS needs to come up with a "pay-ahead" plan, (refunds negotiable -- decided upon by the admins/moderators)... this way if funds are exchanged, I think the turnout rate would be more accurate.

Industry

Depends upon the size.  I think it's $2 per pound plus $50 butchering fee. Depending on how many people would attend a 100# pig would probably suffice.  Maybe 120#.

Alura

Another BBQ type gathering definitely isn't out of the question, and is on our to-do list. But probably not within the next month, we definitely need to find a way to make it more efficient and have a higher turnout. 

As far as a pig roast goes however, I love pig roasts, and think it would be a great idea!!

Fluffy282

$2/# + butchering at 100# = $250 figure realisticly 20 people show... So everyone would have to throw down $12.50 to break even, figure it would round up to $15. It sounds like a blast and I'd be all for it... But we had a hard enough time at $5 :-/

Latest posts

Back