LDR NEFR 2013 Thanks!

Wanted to jump on and thank all the MS folks for coming out and the other Maine teams for attending and pushing this past weekend!

T-4 felt good this weekend, although we still have some development to go with the drivetrain and ECU.  More speed to be had.

Friday we finished third in the regional event, and first in class.  Only 8 seconds separated the first three cars.  Closest finish I can remember.

Saturday saw us heading for another regional podium, but we had some issues.  on the second run through sturtevant pond, we blew a rear strut top-mount and cracked our engine oil cooler.

The strut was replaced with a spare and the cooler bypassed using a socket and hose clamps.  It didn't hold.  We attempted another fix on the transit and it failed as well.  End of the day with two stages to go.

We had a great event and really appreciated seeing everyone.  Thanks to all those that volunteered, crewed or raced!

Cheers!  John

brighton

Rally Fluffer
Well Done. When Dave asked if he could borrow our spill kit, we knew that wasn't good. I was very pleased to hear LDR was entering in the Forest Rally after such a challenging year you had. You are a prime example of the true meaning behind YOLO. You and your team are very inspiring. 

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
Spill kit worked remarkably well. Scooped up the oily debris into a bag, and you could hardly tell anything had happened.

So much fun to strap back in with my good buddy JoMo and go like freakin heck. We had't raced together for 2 years, and had to run Concord Pond first thing...a big ole pucker-fest for sure. Were we rusty, and would we need time to settle back in? Hell no, we broke our all-time team record for the stage.

THIS is why we rally.

Thanks everyone who helped make NEFR happen!

Legwagon

BC-BF-*BJ*
I'm glad you guys had fun and broke your own record for Concord Pond!! It was great to see the two of you in a car again!  Hope to see the LDR crew out and about at NEFR 2014!

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
It was great meeting you guys, and having service next to you on day 2. I was glad to lend power and air when your genset was acting up, and you guys saved our butts when our jack bases failed. I'm already excited for next yea!

inski

I didn't get to go this year but its great hearing about the successes of the Maine-ers LDR and the new guys SIF.  Proving time and time again Maine-ers have the guts and gal to put together fast cars and have a wicked good time out in the gravels and handing it to the big dawgs.  

Thanks Chris for helping out.  You may never know how helpful you were.  I've never crewed for a rally team but I have for a road race team.  The crew is half the success achieved.  Without you it may have been dismal for the whole effort. The crews for the rally teams have 10 times the work to do so I can only  imagine the smiles created when they pull into service and see you read to go.  Way to go Chris and all the team crews!

Hoorahhhh! to all the rally workers and volunteers!  You make NEFR the best rally in the country.

Latest posts

Back