Register Now

Posted Image
Welcome guest, thank you for visiting the MainelySubarus forums! Register today to enjoy the benefits of:

* Informational updates and news concerning the latest Subaru related information, updates, recalls, and more.
* Share and track your Subaru and the unique modifications you have done with our custom Members Garage.
* Finally make friends and have fun discussions in regards to Subaru's and modifications.
* Post and make new threads in a safe and fully moderated environment without the worry of harassment like on other larger forums.
* Users can share their insights and opinions on stores, purchases, and vendors.
* And many many other benefits, register today to experience them all!

Photo

Marino's WRB 2005 WRX!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Marino

Marino

I <3 BOOST

• 690 posts
  • Joined 09-February 13
  • LocationAugusta, Maine
  • Vehicle:2005 WRX, 2007 2.5i
Garage View Garage

What is up guys!

Figured I'd make a member's journal since I have done quite a bit to the car in the 1 year I've owned it. I'm going to try and set this up as a timeline, pictures from the day I got the car to how it sits now. Lot's of pics to follow :banana:

I remember looking on craigslist for WRX's only to find ones that had high miles, had been beaten, or were modded. But after much searching, I finally found this one. 20 minutes from where I live and the guy I bought it from was the only owner of the car. 108k miles, clean inside and out. No problems mechanically, the car was bone stock except for mud flaps. The owner was a great guy, and was very particular with how he took care of it. I am very lucky to have found it :D Anyways, here is what it looked like the first time I saw it.

CameraZOOM-20120731115410674_zps786e25f8

A few other pics. A BONE stock (except mud flaps), unmolested WRX  :lol:

CameraZOOM-20120806184021519_zpsf69e55f6

CameraZOOM-201209051805262212_zps2a10e6e

CameraZOOM-20120905161306466_zps126e4f83

One of the biggest reasons I have always loved these cars is because of the famous Subaru rumble. The first thing I did to the car, within only a month of owning it, was get a 3" exhaust. Just a cheap ebay cat back for now. fitment and install was perfect and it sounds amazing.

CameraZOOM-20120827171914172_zpsad0c3868

Installed:

CameraZOOM-20121020161712249_zpsc48e006f

Over the winter I installed a Kenwood ddx-419 dvd receiver

Then as summer came around the car now had 114k miles so in April I had the timing belt, water pump, tensioners, pulleys, thermostat all replaced before I started to do things to the exterior. Not cheap but I wanted to get it out of the way with first

A LOT has happened in the past few months from May to now. Starting with the exterior, I picked up an STi spoiler. I know a lot of people hate that shopping cart/bookshelf/park bench of a wing on the STi's but...... I love them! :lol:

CameraZOOM-20130508184615185_zpsf3d85ce3

The funny thing is, after removing the WRX spoiler I totally fell in love with the wingless look. If I ever find a good deal on a WRB wingless trunk I may get it, I love both looks. Here’s a few pics, so sexy.....

6f30d8fc-d5b9-4d85-9914-c81882f7987c_zpsc13a39d7-cadb-4100-8fc3-65947928920f_zps

Spoiler installed:

image_url-1878-1368374358_zpsf624f126.jp

After that hella horns were installed, I bought a brand new STi hood scoop, front bumper splitters, and a front lip and had them all painted.

Pic of the hellas on and scoop before paint. looks so much meaner.

CameraZOOM-20130521153712234_zps5daaa21b

In the meantime I did not want the car to be all "looks" and still be a stock WRX on the inside. My goal ever since I first owned the car was to go stage 2 so I finally bit the bullet and purchased a Cobb accessport, a brand new Invidia catless uppipe, new Invidia catted downpipe, and all new Grimmspeed gaskets and had them installed. Loving the overall increase in power. Down the road when I get a few more things on the car I would love to get a pro tune. 

CameraZOOM-20130530161611873_zps80225accCameraZOOM-20130530173932035_zps27ddd63e

Just recently I bought gold Sparco Assetto Gara wheels. I have always loved the WRB/gold look on Subaru’s and wanted gold wheels ever since I owned the car. Very happy with these wheels so far

DSCN1563_zpsedeb5634.jpg

17x7.5 5x100

225/45/17 Michelin pilot ss

I'm going to get a nice set of winters to mount on the stockers and plasti dip them :banana:

Last week I had the windows tinted, 35%front and 28% back 3. Couldn’t be happier with how they came out and it really changes the whole look of the car

That's about it I think! Here is how she sits as we speak

DSCN1612_zpsbb4de262.jpg

:)

I'm open to suggestions on what to do next performance wise or maintenance. The exterior is done for now I think. Next summer I am thinking of getting a cobb sf intake with the box. I've read that an intake on these cars are basically just noise makers as the stock airbox is very well designed. So I don’t know, but I really want that sucking noise :lol: Also tempted to get a GFB hybrid BOV (only BOV I would consider getting), but the last thing I want to do is make my car run bad. As of right now she’s running like a top.
Feedback/suggestions?

Anyways thanks for taking the time to read this! Love the car and am excited to see what the future brings! I will try and keep this updated =)

Edited by Bak3rSkat3r, 21 January 2015 - 06:27 PM.

2005 Subaru WRX

JykOGsS.jpg

OFFLINE   dsmith

dsmith
  • 847 posts
  • Joined 13-December 11
  • LocationHollis, ME
  • Vehicle:2007 vtech Forester
Garage View Garage

awesome looking car man.

2007 WRB Forester XT "Stage 2"

OFFLINE   Matt

Matt

Commander and Chief

• +Administrator
  • 5,968 posts
  • Joined 04-May 10
  • LocationWestbrook,Maine
  • Vehicle:2006 subaru wrx vf30 stg3
Garage View Garage
Very nice car!! Great work

rally2-Copy_zps583c3ac5.jpg

OFFLINE   Marino

Marino

I <3 BOOST

• 690 posts
  • Joined 09-February 13
  • LocationAugusta, Maine
Garage View Garage

Very nice car!! Great work

thanks matt! I love it so much

awesome looking car man.

thanks! :banana:

2005 Subaru WRX

JykOGsS.jpg

OFFLINE   Jamey

Jamey
  • 2,904 posts
  • Joined 08-December 10
  • Locationhollis center
  • Vehicle:2011 subaru impeza
Car looks good , I'd say get some coil overs , bigger sway bars. :)

Edited by jamey, 24 August 2013 - 09:15 PM.

OFFLINE   Marino

Marino

I <3 BOOST

• 690 posts
  • Joined 09-February 13
  • LocationAugusta, Maine
Garage View Garage

Car looks good , I'd say get some coil overs , bigger sway bars. :)

haha thanks! yes sways and end links are definitely on the list! will have to look into springs/ possibly coilovers  :D only thing is the front lip as you can see sits very low even on stock height, so I'm not sure if I would run into any issues

2005 Subaru WRX

JykOGsS.jpg

OFFLINE   Jamey

Jamey
  • 2,904 posts
  • Joined 08-December 10
  • Locationhollis center
  • Vehicle:2011 subaru impeza
Lol yah I see that , I only have a n/a Subie but the coils were the best thing I could have done to it I ran tein s-techs before the coils huge difference I also installed a rally- tech rear sway with rally tech links car handle amazing (base imprezza do not have rear sways from factory stupid ..

OFFLINE   dsmith

dsmith
  • 847 posts
  • Joined 13-December 11
  • LocationHollis, ME
  • Vehicle:2007 vtech Forester
Garage View Garage

amber deletes and black headlight housing!

2007 WRB Forester XT "Stage 2"

OFFLINE   IBratmanI

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus

• +Administrator
  • 10,260 posts
  • Joined 02-January 09
  • LocationJefferson, ME
  • Vehicle:05 Outback, 04 FXT, 98 Forester S, 97 Outback, 90 Loyale
Garage View Garage

Looks great!

AdidaSubarus

OFFLINE   Marino

Marino

I <3 BOOST

• 690 posts
  • Joined 09-February 13
  • LocationAugusta, Maine
Garage View Garage

amber deletes and black headlight housing!

YES that would be sweet! will have to look into that!

Looks great!

Thanks Jason!

2005 Subaru WRX

JykOGsS.jpg

OFFLINE   2point5RS_Dan

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN

• 4,604 posts
  • Joined 06-January 09
  • Vehicle:Geo Metro
Garage View Garage

Mounts and bushings.

http://turninconcepts.com/

Mod list:

Hella super tones
Sunday best rally armors
4 inch ebay N1
Roof basket
Gold rotas
Tein s tech springs
ebay hid kit in stock projectors
rallypig and monster stickers
mobile 1
autozone intake

OFFLINE   Marino

Marino

I <3 BOOST

• 690 posts
  • Joined 09-February 13
  • LocationAugusta, Maine
Garage View Garage

Mounts and bushings.

http://turninconcepts.com/

thanks, I've heard a lot of good things about TiC

2005 Subaru WRX

JykOGsS.jpg

OFFLINE   xxnightraven73x

xxnightraven73x

^who i am ...what i say --->

• +Vendor
  • 512 posts
  • Joined 03-August 13
  • Locationpoland,ME
  • Vehicle:05 wrx

awesome job on it ....pretty much all the same things i was thinking of doing to my 05 nice to see the transformation and differences 

OFFLINE   Marino

Marino

I <3 BOOST

• 690 posts
  • Joined 09-February 13
  • LocationAugusta, Maine
Garage View Garage

awesome job on it ....pretty much all the same things i was thinking of doing to my 05 nice to see the transformation and differences 

thanks! yeah its cool to see how much its changed

I'm gonna send some pics to the previous owner.. bet he'll be surprised! haha

2005 Subaru WRX

JykOGsS.jpg

OFFLINE   xxnightraven73x

xxnightraven73x

^who i am ...what i say --->

• +Vendor
  • 512 posts
  • Joined 03-August 13
  • Locationpoland,ME
  • Vehicle:05 wrx

im also a fan of the sti wing for some reason lol still debating if im going to go ahead and get it though ...still working on making mine get up and go better lol 

OFFLINE   cwiggin

cwiggin
  • 4,122 posts
  • Joined 08-May 10
  • Vehicle:2005 subaru legacy
Awesome looking car! Nice work man, love the blue gold look aswell

OFFLINE   flat4awd

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM

• +Vendor
  • 1,422 posts
  • Joined 27-July 10
  • LocationMaine
  • Vehicle:Subaru's
Garage View Garage
Car looks really good. I say work out your tuning with the car first, then get some nice, non-cheap non-shitty coilovers. A blow off valve does nothing except make your car sound different, I have a gfb respons and I've never had issues using it. I like the sound, and I like that I can adjust the noise level, or fully recirc it so that it doesn't make any noise at all. Wrb and gold is classic Subaru, so you're def doing it right my friend ;)

OFFLINE   Marino

Marino

I <3 BOOST

• 690 posts
  • Joined 09-February 13
  • LocationAugusta, Maine
Garage View Garage

Awesome looking car! Nice work man, love the blue gold look aswell

Thanks Caleb!

Car looks really good. I say work out your tuning with the car first, then get some nice, non-cheap non-shitty coilovers. A blow off valve does nothing except make your car sound different, I have a gfb respons and I've never had issues using it. I like the sound, and I like that I can adjust the noise level, or fully recirc it so that it doesn't make any noise at all. Wrb and gold is classic Subaru, so you're def doing it right my friend ;)

Thanks man! yeah I think I'll probably stay away from the bov for now, really no need of it. good idea on the coils, definitely something I would not want to cheap out on

Oh yeah! Just got done claying the car and threw on a coat of wax! Love it!

2005 Subaru WRX

JykOGsS.jpg

OFFLINE   Nikki

Nikki
  • 348 posts
  • Joined 02-July 12
  • LocationPoland
  • Vehicle:2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS
Garage View Garage

I'm with dsmith on the headlight housing, made such a difference on my car and it was so easy! I've been thinking gold on wrb started to look overplayed, but i'm definitely liking this!

OFFLINE   Marino

Marino

I <3 BOOST

• 690 posts
  • Joined 09-February 13
  • LocationAugusta, Maine
Garage View Garage

I'm with dsmith on the headlight housing, made such a difference on my car and it was so easy! I've been thinking gold on wrb started to look overplayed, but i'm definitely liking this!

haha thanks! yeah it is a pretty common color combo on subies but I've always loved it.. :D

2005 Subaru WRX

JykOGsS.jpg

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users