Register Now

Posted Image
Welcome guest, thank you for visiting the MainelySubarus forums! Register today to enjoy the benefits of:

* Informational updates and news concerning the latest Subaru related information, updates, recalls, and more.
* Share and track your Subaru and the unique modifications you have done with our custom Members Garage.
* Finally make friends and have fun discussions in regards to Subaru's and modifications.
* Post and make new threads in a safe and fully moderated environment without the worry of harassment like on other larger forums.
* Users can share their insights and opinions on stores, purchases, and vendors.
* And many many other benefits, register today to experience them all!

Photo

Continental PureContact

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   chickpine

chickpine
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 29-May 11
  • LocationMadison
  • Vehicle:2009 Outback Wagon

Anyone have any experience with these tires? I have a 2009 Outback needing new tires. I'm retired so don't have to go out in heavy snow anymore. Looking for LRR/ economy and quiet ride as well as safety and long wear. The price is high for my budget at $150 each but if mileage improves it might be worth it. Thoughts?

OFFLINE   Matt

Matt

Commander and Chief

• +Administrator
  • 5,969 posts
  • Joined 04-May 10
  • LocationWestbrook,Maine
  • Vehicle:2006 subaru wrx vf30 stg3
Garage View Garage
I personally don't look at the name of the tires. I look directly at the Utqg rating. Anything higher than 300 is what you want. Go to high and the tire will last forever but ride quality and road noise will suffer... Go to low and they'll grip like crazy but you'll be looking for more in 20k miles. I find a 350-400 rating is optimal for long life/tolerability.

rally2-Copy_zps583c3ac5.jpg

OFFLINE   Maxxguy25RS

Maxxguy25RS
  • 523 posts
  • Joined 01-January 12
  • Vehicle:2005 Subaru 2.5RS wagon
Garage View Garage
I have seen good results with uniroyal tigerpaw tourings. A lot of customers have bough them from the shop I work at and they show good wear, they said they don't have a problem with them in the snow and they ride well. Sears has a hancook road handler tire with, they clame, a 100,000 mile warranty. Which is insane in my opinion. Not sure of any other details like ride and what not. Those are a few stand outs off the top of my head.

OFFLINE   Matt

Matt

Commander and Chief

• +Administrator
  • 5,969 posts
  • Joined 04-May 10
  • LocationWestbrook,Maine
  • Vehicle:2006 subaru wrx vf30 stg3
Garage View Garage
Those 50/60/100k mile warranties are impossible to achieve. They say you can get that but it's under the utmost perfect conditions. Perfect air pressure/zero load on a tire/no turning etc.

rally2-Copy_zps583c3ac5.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users