Continental PureContact

chickpine

Anyone have any experience with these tires? I have a 2009 Outback needing new tires. I'm retired so don't have to go out in heavy snow anymore. Looking for LRR/ economy and quiet ride as well as safety and long wear. The price is high for my budget at $150 each but if mileage improves it might be worth it. Thoughts?

Matt

I personally don't look at the name of the tires. I look directly at the Utqg rating. Anything higher than 300 is what you want. Go to high and the tire will last forever but ride quality and road noise will suffer... Go to low and they'll grip like crazy but you'll be looking for more in 20k miles. I find a 350-400 rating is optimal for long life/tolerability.

Maxxguy25RS

I have seen good results with uniroyal tigerpaw tourings. A lot of customers have bough them from the shop I work at and they show good wear, they said they don't have a problem with them in the snow and they ride well. Sears has a hancook road handler tire with, they clame, a 100,000 mile warranty. Which is insane in my opinion. Not sure of any other details like ride and what not. Those are a few stand outs off the top of my head.

Matt

Those 50/60/100k mile warranties are impossible to achieve. They say you can get that but it's under the utmost perfect conditions. Perfect air pressure/zero load on a tire/no turning etc.

Latest posts

Back