Register Now

Posted Image
Welcome guest, thank you for visiting the MainelySubarus forums! Register today to enjoy the benefits of:

* Informational updates and news concerning the latest Subaru related information, updates, recalls, and more.
* Share and track your Subaru and the unique modifications you have done with our custom Members Garage.
* Finally make friends and have fun discussions in regards to Subaru's and modifications.
* Post and make new threads in a safe and fully moderated environment without the worry of harassment like on other larger forums.
* Users can share their insights and opinions on stores, purchases, and vendors.
* And many many other benefits, register today to experience them all!

Photo

Registration question!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Stryker

Stryker
  • 194 posts
  • Joined 02-September 10
  • LocationFryeburg
  • Vehicle:2000 Black Forester S

Hey guys, 

Quick question for you all, maybe somebody is in the same situation as I am.

I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to register my new car in NH or not.

I am a resident of Maine and will not be changing that. The car however will be garaged in New Hampshire and I would prefer to be able to register it in NH (no sales tax, registration is slightly more expensive than Maine but still would end up saving me $1,000-$1,500). I have a home in Maine and New Hampshire, my time is split pretty evenly between the two states but I spend a bit more in Maine. 

Does anybody know if it would be possible to register the car in NH while being a Maine resident? 

Thanks.

OFFLINE   Jamey

Jamey
  • 2,904 posts
  • Joined 08-December 10
  • Locationhollis center
  • Vehicle:2011 subaru impeza
You have to reg it at a primary residence you could probly get away with it unless someone complains about you

OFFLINE   JoshP

JoshP
  • 829 posts
  • Joined 03-August 09
  • Vehicle:05 Legacy 2.5i

Yep, I used to keep my cars reg'd in Mass for years with no issue.  It was awesome. 

OFFLINE   Stryker

Stryker
  • 194 posts
  • Joined 02-September 10
  • LocationFryeburg
  • Vehicle:2000 Black Forester S

You have to reg it at a primary residence you could probly get away with it unless someone complains about you

Okay, I'll see what the DMV wants me to bring to register the car.

Yep, I used to keep my cars reg'd in Mass for years with no issue.  It was awesome. 

Okay great, thanks!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users