Register Now

Posted Image
Welcome guest, thank you for visiting the MainelySubarus forums! Register today to enjoy the benefits of:

* Informational updates and news concerning the latest Subaru related information, updates, recalls, and more.
* Share and track your Subaru and the unique modifications you have done with our custom Members Garage.
* Finally make friends and have fun discussions in regards to Subaru's and modifications.
* Post and make new threads in a safe and fully moderated environment without the worry of harassment like on other larger forums.
* Users can share their insights and opinions on stores, purchases, and vendors.
* And many many other benefits, register today to experience them all!

Photo

Will putting 16" wheels on my forester screw with the speed sensor?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   dsmith

dsmith
  • 847 posts
  • Joined 13-December 11
  • LocationHollis, ME
  • Vehicle:2007 vtech Forester
Garage View Garage

I am looking at a pair of 04 wrx wheels for a winter set up for the forester, my stock wheel size is 17, but I have a set of good studded snows that I would like to use that are 16" tires. Just trying to figure out if it is gonna mess anything up or not.

Edited by dsmith, 28 October 2013 - 12:30 PM.

2007 WRB Forester XT "Stage 2"

OFFLINE   09FXT

09FXT
  • 514 posts
  • Joined 06-February 07

I have had no problems running 16" rims for my winter setup.

OFFLINE   Matt

Matt

Commander and Chief

• +Administrator
  • 5,969 posts
  • Joined 04-May 10
  • LocationWestbrook,Maine
  • Vehicle:2006 subaru wrx vf30 stg3
Garage View Garage
It'll change it ever so slightly. Use the online tire calculator to determine the old size vs new size.

rally2-Copy_zps583c3ac5.jpg

OFFLINE   IBratmanI

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus

• +Administrator
  • 10,271 posts
  • Joined 02-January 09
  • LocationJefferson, ME
  • Vehicle:05 Outback, 04 FXT, 98 Forester S, 97 Outback, 90 Loyale
Garage View Garage
Won't be bad as long as you use a comparable height tire. Also the wrx whesls will sit in a little narrower. Forester xt 16" wheels would sit with a better offset.

AdidaSubarus

OFFLINE   i-wagon

i-wagon
  • 5,135 posts
  • Joined 22-July 09
  • Vehicle:2007 2.5i wagon
Wheel size doesn't really mean anything but the diameter of the wheel. Use the route size calculator that's pinned in this section to see what difference there is between what came on it and what you want to put on. There are also a few good apps for Droid

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users