Need answers from all you subaru guru's

Spiller1327

Okay fellow subaru'ers. the rexy has issues that the interweb has failed to help me fix thus far. So I turn to all of my homies on the local site. So Down to business!

It started about a month ago on my way back from Fort Kent hunting with Ray. All of a sudden on the highway it started running low boost, wouldn't boost over .5 bar (I need a better boost gauge) in any gear. I read that possibly the waste gate was stuck open? But there wasn't any cel and it ran fine still. I babied it to the gas station. Popped the hood and checked for popped van lines and i checked the boost solenoid all over (brand new from grimmspeed) checked the wastegate all over. Couldn't find anything out of place. My next thought was maybe the fuel up in the county was bad. Bought a thing of fuel stabilizer and filled up with Irving's 91. Didn't seem to help at all.

The car we still running fine all together except for the low boost. So i decided i would drive it all the way back to Boothbay. Next day on the way to work I got a backfire between shifts and bang O full boost. 2 weeks go by of it running fine (thought I was in the clear) and then it happened again. Ran low boost for 3 days and then it was fine again. Now it does it at least once a week and only lasts for a day or 2.

Ive searched the interweb for answers and can't seem to find anything of any help. The car doesn't use oil or coolant. I removed the intercooler and turbo inlet and can't find any significant oil build up. Ive replaced all the vac lines with silicone lines and ziptied all the connections. Its got a brand new walboro 255 and fuel filter. Im gonna replace the plugs with one step colder bosch's this weekend as well as drain the coolant and flush the radiator and replace with 60 antifreeze / 40 distilled water. Ive got a vf39 and 07 sti pink injectors ready to install but I really don't wanna do that until I have time to pull the motor and replace bearings and rings and such.

SO friends and more knowledgeable people than I. Hit me with anything you got. Im searching for answers and open for your criticism on my ricer HID's and black hood!
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Spiller1327

Still no luck guys. Still going into a limp mode one day a week. No cel. Haven't got a compression tester yet. My buddies is broken. Anybody have one I can borrow? I got my new plugs so I'll do the compression test while I'm putting those in. Ordering an sti oil pan and a killer b oil pick up tonight. Maybe it's in the oiling? Anybody have any advice for me please speak up

Spiller1327

Ahahaha. Putting in a built motor with a vf39 instead. Although I might wanna borrow that this coming weekend! I live in Boothbay so could stop by whenever

Latest posts

Back