Jesse's Bugeye

Visonik

Two years ago I bought my third Subaru, but my first turbo ride; a 2002 WRX Sedan. The car came to me from southern New Hampshire, so it hadn't avoided the typical New England rust, but it wasn't too bad. I've ended up doing a TON of general maintenance on the car, so money for modifications has been tight (but not non-existent).

Here is the car the very first day I got it home:

2vrzq1k.jpg

Here is the summer set up (I'll update this as it changes):

1606k46.jpg

Mods List:

Engine:

- Cobb Accessport V2

- 3" Stainless Steel Turbo Back Exhaust

- Venair Silicon Tubes

- 2.2 Short Block

- Kinetic Motorworks 93 Octane Custom Pro Tune for the 2.2 Block

- Kinetic Motorworks Aluminum Coolant Cover

- Redline Tuning Hood Dampers

- Intake Silence Delete

- Perrin Catless Up Pipe

- Gates Timing Belt Kit

Interior:

- LED Dome/Map Lights

- Blacked Dash Bezels

- Blacked A, B, and C Pillars

- ATI Triple Gauge Pod

- Turbosmart Boost Gauge

- Prosport (?) Oil Pressure Gauge

- Prosport (?) EGT Gauge

- 05 WRX Front & Rear Seats and Door Cards

Suspension/Wheels/Tires:

- ISC N1 Basic Coilovers

- Stock Wheels w/ General Altimax Studded Snow Tires (Winter)

- Ambit Wheels RE82 18x9.5 et38 wheels

- Sumitomo HTR-ZIII 245/40/18 Tires

- Raceland Front Strut Tower Bar

- Rear Fender Roll

Exterior:

- Rhino Rack w/ Custom Wood... Platform?

- LED Plate & Park Lights

- Blacked Headlight Bezels

- Debadged Factory Wingless Trunk

- 1974 Silver Frost Metallic Paint

- 40" LED Light Bar

The car was dyno tuned for 230 awhp and 255 lb/ft torque.

Last edited by a moderator:

Visonik

It is so far. I've been very happy with the purchase. I did forget to mention that it now has 170,000 miles, so that's a bit sad, I also forgot to mention that I paid $5000 for the car and got an extended warranty through the bank for a total initial investment of $6400.

xxnightraven73x

^who i am ...what i say --->
clean looking rex .. the mods will come in time just enjoy it and do it piece by piece ..ill be swapping out the wing on my rex soon so i may want to get rid of that 

Last edited by a moderator:

jojo69

Looking good! BTW, Maine has 93, just need to know where to look
default_wink.png

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Visonik

default_wink.png
I know you can get it in portland.. what about the Bangor area, I also had heard that any 93 in Bangor had been sitting long enough so it's been reduced to 91.

Visonik

So I was putting some LED plate lights in the other day and I just barely touched one of the brackets and it fell right out. I was not impressed.... So, half a bottle of super glue, some epoxy, and some hot glue I got it to stay for a while. I was at my dad's where it was real cold and sleeting out, so the epoxy didn't hold. So today I went to my uncle's to fix it for good. It was hanging down pretty good when I got there..

2unx82x.jpg

So while I had the bumper off, we fixed some of the stuff that broke when the previous owner got backed into. It turns out half of the jesus clips holding it on were either broken or gone so we had to get a bunch of those. I also found out that 4 of the 6 lights for park lights and brakes in the tail lights were burnt out. Luckily the two that were on were the ones that functioned as both the park light and brake light.

Needless to say, I'm pretty glad that I had other work to do to the bumper because there was a decent amount of things to take apart just to fix the stupid plate light... Now all I'll have to do in the spring is bondo and paint.

2ag9qgx.jpg

Visonik

Went down to Hope in the bugeye with a buddy of mine to get him a Subaru of his own. It's a 98 Legacy GT. It's a pretty nice ride, just needs a little body work. Told him he had to register on this site, so expect a new member real soon.

2wqzfo6.jpg

jojo69

default_wink.png
I know you can get it in portland.. what about the Bangor area, I also had heard that any 93 in Bangor had been sitting long enough so it's been reduced to 91.
I don't know about 93 sitting so long its 91 now. I know dysarts carry 93. and there is a thread about this with a list of gas stations that other members have listed as listing 93. If i remember correctly, there are a couple in the bangor area. check it out.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201

Visonik

Got some $16 Rally Armor mudflaps in today. I'll get pictures up once they're installed. I'm pretty excited about the price I paid for brand new flaps!

42012RS

I remember reading that the gas station across the street from the Walmart entrance has 93. Doc's I think?

Visonik

I'm pretty sure that it does. Mine and my girlfriends room mates crazy boyfriend works there so I like avoiding that place haha.

Visonik

So I planned on doing the blacked out headlight mod tonight but I'm going to get an inspection sticker from a friend instead, but I did manage to take the spray tint off them. I'll get around to the mod tomorrow I hope.

Visonik

So I got my mudflaps on today. They're the cheap Rally Armors, so they didn't come with pre-drilled mounting holes or any hardware, so I just planned it out ahead of time and picked up some bigger washers, longer bolts, and a couple steel spacers. The rear bumper already had open holes for the bolts in the side, and for the third, I popped out the jesus clip on the inside of the wheel well and replaced that with the longer bolt and spacer. For the front I used the clips that are helping to hold the side skirt I believe and a good old self tapping screw.

Here's what they look like out of the box:

2ebviqd.jpg

So to line up where to drill holes, I used two thumb tacks. All I did is line the flaps up how I want them to be on the car and pushed the tack in the bottom through so it would sit in the bottom of the hole for the push clips, then just guess and checked for the top hole. That's why I used a thumb tack, I can guess and check and it just leaves little holes instead of just winging it. I took a picture, but it's kind of hard to tell what the tacks are doing exactly..

30s7y10.jpg

So after that I just drilled holes for the clips to go through. To save time, I taped the other side to this one so they were all lined up and just drilled again using the original as a template. If you don't tape it, the drill could slide a bit and your hole will be off by a bit. That happened to me when I did the back.

2ms1u1v.jpg

After that It was just a matter of mounting them up. The front had the clips and a self tapping screw and the rear had nuts and bolts.

The front:

34438yx.jpg

The rear:

ev58o6.jpg

And the final product..

rvkow1.jpg

33yktw9.jpg

I was a bit skeptical about using just the clips and a self tapping screw in the front, but it seems to be holding on pretty well. I'm actually impressed with my laziness. Now that the snow let up, I think I'm going to do the black out headlight mod.

Visonik

So I went ahead and baked the headlights so I could black out the bezel. There's plenty of write ups on how to do this on NASIOC and what not, so I'm just going to post up pictures. One thing I will say is this: There are a few different temperatures and times in the oven in the other write ups, so I decided to average a couple of them. I did 235 degrees for 10 minutes to open it up and then to seal it back I did 225 for 10 minutes. If anyone has any other questions about it, feel free to ask. It really wasn't as scary as it seems.

Before re-installing..

30biauw.jpg

and installed..

2w73io2.jpg

2d1txk1.jpg

Latest posts

Back