Fitting rims on my bugeye

Visonik

What will I need to do to get some 18x8.5 rims with a +35mm offset on my car? I'm going to roll the fenders but I'm wondering what else I'll have to do. It's at stock ride height now, but I plan on getting some tein h techs to go down 1"in the rear and 1.4" front. I have some 1" wheel spacers, not sure if they'd be used or not, I'll use them if they'll rub on the inside and won't use them if I'll need flares. I'd rather just use 17" rims but the ones I want aren't available in 8" wide (on sale anyways). The 18's are actually cheaper than the 17's anyways.

05RSKID

I would price out tires and get a total cost of doing 17s or 18s then you will know which is actually cheaper. Then getting the 17 you want might be cheaper

Visonik

yeah i thought about that. but i wanted 17x8 and they only have 17x7.. i might just have to settle..

JakeyPoo

I just bought an eastwood fender roller and will be offering it up for rent to mainely guys as well as maybe a service for rolling fenders for a but more... if you end up doing this contact me in a few weeks when I get it in the mail and we can talk man! 

Visonik

I just bought an eastwood fender roller and will be offering it up for rent to mainely guys as well as maybe a service for rolling fenders for a but more... if you end up doing this contact me in a few weeks when I get it in the mail and we can talk man! 
I'm 100% interested in this! Scarborough is a haul for me though. It'd probably be worth it though..

Visonik

So for tires, I've been told two different things. I was told by one place I could fit 245/40/17 and by another I was told 225/45/17. Anyone know what size tires I should use? I plan on lowering the car 1" in the rear and 1.5" in the front this spring and I'm going to roll the fenders hopefully next week. They're 8" wide tires and I don't want any stretch. I was leaning towards the 245/40/17 so they would be grippier, but I don't know if they're too big..

Last edited by a moderator:

JakeyPoo

Why not split the difference and go for 235/40/17? lol 

I don't think you will need to roll the fronts but the rears lowered will probably have to be rolled.

Last edited by a moderator:

Visonik

Why not split the difference and go for 235/40/17? lol 

I don't think you will need to roll the fronts but the rears lowered will probably have to be rolled.
I've got 1" wheel spacers all around, so I was going to roll all four fenders just to play it safe. As far as the tires go, I just don't understand why the difference is so big. If it was one place saying 245 and another saying 235, I wouldn't be wondering. 225 to 245 seems like a pretty big difference to me.

JakeyPoo

I would just pick what is priced the best and what you want.  with wheel spacers that'll be fairly aggressive so the roll is a good idea especially since you want to lower your car too.  do you want to save the front fender liners or go without them? with the fronts rolled the liners will hang down (most of the time)  

Visonik

I would just pick what is priced the best and what you want.  with wheel spacers that'll be fairly aggressive so the roll is a good idea especially since you want to lower your car too.  do you want to save the front fender liners or go without them? with the fronts rolled the liners will hang down (most of the time)  
I'll probably try to find a way to rig them up so they don't really hang down too much. I'll have to take a look at it a bit more to figure that out though.

42012RS

Ill be in stillwater 7-4 everyday if you want to test fitment on your car. I didnt look to see where it gets close and i had to modify my fenders slightly to get the grabbers not to rub every bump. In the wheel well you'll be fine, lowered you might have to bend the lip inside the fender but you shouldnt need to pull or roll em

Sent from my XT556 using Tapatalk 2

Visonik

Ill be in stillwater 7-4 everyday if you want to test fitment on your car. I didnt look to see where it gets close and i had to modify my fenders slightly to get the grabbers not to rub every bump. In the wheel well you'll be fine, lowered you might have to bend the lip inside the fender but you shouldnt need to pull or roll em Sent from my XT556 using Tapatalk 2
I talked to Meyagi and hes going to roll the rear while hes already got the car and told me to get the 245/40/17 tires. I just have to lose the spacers and it'll be prime. Thanks for the offer though!

Latest posts

Back