Register Now

Posted Image
Welcome guest, thank you for visiting the MainelySubarus forums! Register today to enjoy the benefits of:

* Informational updates and news concerning the latest Subaru related information, updates, recalls, and more.
* Share and track your Subaru and the unique modifications you have done with our custom Members Garage.
* Finally make friends and have fun discussions in regards to Subaru's and modifications.
* Post and make new threads in a safe and fully moderated environment without the worry of harassment like on other larger forums.
* Users can share their insights and opinions on stores, purchases, and vendors.
* And many many other benefits, register today to experience them all!

Photo

Amazon says NO I think YES

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Subarulover7

Subarulover7
  • 26 posts
  • Joined 13-November 13
  • LocationBucksport
  • Vehicle:Subaru WRX 2004

I'm looking to give my rex a wider stance this spring with new wheels. I'm dead set on a set of MSR 45 18" with a bolt pattern of 5x100 & 5x4.5. Amazon says they won't fit my car, but I'm already running a set of 18" Impreza 6 spoke wheels with 205/50ZR17s in the summer, the tires are 8.5" wide and I've had no problems . The MSRs rim width is 8", I think the Impreza rims are the same width, so the only reason I see these MSRs not working is the +35mm offset. But even then I should be able to clear with the front STi fenders I run. I will also being getting new rubber with these so any suggestions? Any input and advice is appreciated! Check out the link below to see all details of the wheels. 

Link to wheels ----> http://www.amazon.co...JAWRS1YWQ0MCRA6

Pictures of summer wheels and tires I currently run below

Attached Files

OFFLINE   SUBARUDE

SUBARUDE
  • 6,835 posts
  • Joined 12-April 08
  • LocationBowdoin
  • Vehicle:09 FXT
Is your car a sedan or wagon if wagon you would definitely have a issue unless you roll the quarters cause the wheels you are running now are a 55mm offset and amazon will only say in fits if they are absolutely positive with out a doubt they will fit that's why they say no cause you need modifications to use them

OFFLINE   Subarulover7

Subarulover7
  • 26 posts
  • Joined 13-November 13
  • LocationBucksport

Is your car a sedan or wagon if wagon you would definitely have a issue unless you roll the quarters cause the wheels you are running now are a 55mm offset and amazon will only say in fits if they are absolutely positive with out a doubt they will fit that's why they say no cause you need modifications to use them

I have a 2004 WRX Sedan with STi front fenders.

OFFLINE   SUBARUDE

SUBARUDE
  • 6,835 posts
  • Joined 12-April 08
  • LocationBowdoin
Ok are you running any susp. Mods and tread width and rim width are two diff. Things the rims you have now are probably a 7" wide maybe at most a 7.5"

And you will have more trouble with the rear wheel fitment then you will with the fronts

OFFLINE   Subarulover7

Subarulover7
  • 26 posts
  • Joined 13-November 13
  • LocationBucksport

25mm is one inch right? So going from 55mm offset to 35mm offset won't even make a complete inch of difference? Only 20mm difference.

OFFLINE   SUBARUDE

SUBARUDE
  • 6,835 posts
  • Joined 12-April 08
  • LocationBowdoin
Worst you'll have to do is roll your rear quarters

OFFLINE   drvsdwz

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ

• +Super Moderator
  • 3,873 posts
  • Joined 24-March 10
  • Vehicle:2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i Basic
Garage View Garage
When you push the rims out further, you change the travel path of the suspension. Even though it may look like it will fit with the car stationary, it doesn't mean that it won't rub when going over bumps.

Justin

____________________________________________________________________________________________

OFFLINE   Subarulover7

Subarulover7
  • 26 posts
  • Joined 13-November 13
  • LocationBucksport

When you push the rims out further, you change the travel path of the suspension. Even though it may look like it will fit with the car stationary, it doesn't mean that it won't rub when going over bumps.

True but in theory with my fenders do you think I'll clear? I'm probably gonna roll my rears because I just got 1" wheel spacers to run with my stock wheels and winter tires. The tires I run right now with Impreza 6 spoke wheels are 8.5" from outside wall to outside wall. 

OFFLINE   Visonik

Visonik
  • 418 posts
  • Joined 21-November 13
  • LocationBangor
  • Vehicle:2002 Impreza WRX
Garage View Garage

If you have 205/50/R17, your current rims are not 18's. The R17 means they are 17" rims.. The current width you have is 205, I'm putting 245's on my car once the weather is good enough. Mike rolled the rear fenders so they would fit. My rims are 17x8 +45.

Edited by Visonik, 28 March 2014 - 05:39 PM.

OFFLINE   Subarulover7

Subarulover7
  • 26 posts
  • Joined 13-November 13
  • LocationBucksport

If you have 205/50/R17, your current rims are not 18's. The R17 means they are 17" rims.. The current width you have is 205, I'm putting 245's on my car once the weather is good enough. Mike rolled the rear fenders so they would fit. My rims are 17x8 +45.

Jesse your a Dink

OFFLINE   Visonik

Visonik
  • 418 posts
  • Joined 21-November 13
  • LocationBangor
Garage View Garage

I knew those weren't 18's! I'm just trying to help haha. Get yourself some 17x8's with a +45 offset, roll the fenders, and get some 245/40/17 tires. That's the set up I'm going with. Nice foot print, good grip, looks nice.

OFFLINE   Subarulover7

Subarulover7
  • 26 posts
  • Joined 13-November 13
  • LocationBucksport

I knew those weren't 18's! I'm just trying to help haha. Get yourself some 17x8's with a +45 offset, roll the fenders, and get some 245/40/17 tires. That's the set up I'm going with. Nice foot print, good grip, looks nice.

Yeah can't remember who told me rims measure 1/2" bigger, but actually its 1 and 1/2 bigger, because I just measured my stock 16s and they measured 17.5"

OFFLINE   Visonik

Visonik
  • 418 posts
  • Joined 21-November 13
  • LocationBangor
Garage View Garage

Yeah can't remember who told me rims measure 1/2" bigger, but actually its 1 and 1/2 bigger, because I just measured my stock 16s and they measured 17.5"

Reading the tire is easier than math. Math is evil. Always remember that.

OFFLINE   Subarulover7

Subarulover7
  • 26 posts
  • Joined 13-November 13
  • LocationBucksport

Reading the tire is easier than math. Math is evil. Always remember that.

Says the Civil Engineer 

OFFLINE   Visonik

Visonik
  • 418 posts
  • Joined 21-November 13
  • LocationBangor
Garage View Garage

Says the Civil Engineer 

Just because I'm good at it, doesn't mean I like it!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users