11 Forester XT Code U0073

rs4dtm

Scooby is bone stock and has 50k on it.  Went to get it inspected at a local shop and once plugged in I got the christmas tree lights all over the dash.  Code U0073 popped up which shows "Control Module Bus A Off".  Brought it to the dealer and they said I needed an ABS control module ($600 + install).  The part had to be ordered so they cleared the light. It's been about 100 miles and no lights or problems. Would hooking the car up to the NYS inspection machine trigger this?  My local dealer isn't known to be honest whatsoever so I don't think the ABS control module is bad.

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
i would say if the control module was bad, the code would have popped back up immediately. But if you still have abs working in your vehicle, i would say they're scamming you...

SoMeWRX

What Justin said. Interesting that you wrote this as well. I have had three different CELs come up since I bought my 2010 earlier this year and they were all junk. 1 I cleared by cleaning the MAF and the others were gone after I reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery for a bit. I have a funny feeling there are some funky electrical issues going on with this gen forester.

Matt

Electrical issues typically trigger a light instantly and not over time. It is rather odd though the light comes on once they plug it in. I'd go somewhere else for inspection and don't waist your money on parts

rs4dtm

Ran it through the inspection machine at my mechanics shop after bringing it to the dealer and had the same problem. Lights come on as soon as it's scanned. Original code u0073 comes up along with p1718.

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092
Bad electronic module somewhere prob. Ecu/tcu/abs unit/cluster all capable suspects. Could be a blown fuse or bad wiring/contacts as well.

A GOOD dealership is probably one of few places with the tools/info to figure this out without throwing modules at the problem.

Latest posts

Back