Looking to trade for smaller tires, I have some 205/70R15.

injulen

I recently picked up a set of steel Forester wheels with 205/70R15 Michelin Defender XT tires on them. The tires look barely used and when brand new come with a 90,000 mile warranty so they must be pretty decent. I'd have them on my car now except when I test fit them, they rubbed a bit. They have a diameter of ~26.3 inches. I am currently in the process of painting them black, the original silver paint is heavily chipped. 

If I can't find anyone to trade with within the next week or so I will end up putting them on the car anyway and modifying it so they fit. I am not looking for any cash offers but if you REALLY want them anything will be considered.

I am looking for 15" or 16" wheels, not a fan of low profiles so I don't want 17". 14" would be too small for my brakes.

Tires should have lots of tread left and be 205 or narrower and also smaller by at least a half inch. These tires I have clear the spring perches and work great when on a flat road in a straight line but as soon as the suspension compresses they rub on my inner fender linings. So I think about 1/2" smaller will work fine. The largest tires I have had on it that worked fine were ~25.1".

So if anyone happens to have a set of wheels and tires they'd like to trade just let me know. If not I'll be lifting the car very soon. 

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm going to have some rear forester struts next week if you want them. For some reason the RS i just bought had them on the back only, I'm taking them off.

injulen

That's tempting and I'll keep that in mind but I do already have a set of spacers for the lift. Does the RS have the same springs all the way around?

I think so, well hope so. It still has GC tophats so hopefully the original springs are on the forester struts. It sat way too high in the back took me a bit to figure it out. If you can use the struts let me know I was going to toss them.

Latest posts

Back