Just installed 1000cc injectors. Anyone know about tuning for them?

roadtrip1098

I just got a set of AUS 1000cc injectors for my 06 STi. I put them in along with a 300LPH fuel pump. I'm running into an issue after putting the scaling and latency into my map via tactrix/romraider. My idle is coming up at 10.0-10.8 AFR, AF correction is -50%.

does anyone out there know enough to get me pointed in the right direction? I'm normally pretty good at tuning and figuring these things out, but I have scaled the injectors as high as 1000 and I'm still maxing out the AFR correction. I've tried several different tweaks to the scaling and compensation tables, but at this point I'm so far off that I can't tell if it's improving or getting worse because everything is outside the limits of the oem sensors. I have an AEM wide band O2 which is how I know I'm between 10.0 and 10.8 at idle (factory stops around 11.2). I just want to put something on the ecu that's a known 'good' just to be sure all of the injectors are working properly.

If you don't know, but have an OS map for 1000cc injectors, please send it over my way. I am pretty comfortable tweaking the rest of the map. I don't even care if it's for the same model - I just need a solid example of roundabout numbers to use. 

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
The only people I remember reading about with 1000 injectors had there STI`s set up with large racing turbos and a front mount intercooler. What are you running ?

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
When you resized the injector scaler, did you take the stock size cc/new size cc then multiply it by the old scaler value? If you did, your latency values might be too large. Easiest way is set that scaler and then edit the latency at idle to where your car is no longer adding or taking away anymore fuel

Last edited by a moderator:

roadtrip1098

I came to the conclusion that I received a bad injector. After several more reflashes, I started getting a wide range of CEL's that weren't directly related to fueling. Rather than keep messing with it, I put the stock ones back in. I tried a bunch of different scaling techniques with the before giving up on it. The car has put up with enough abuse today.

As for mods, currently it's a stage II with water meth and a bigger intercooler. I've also put a lot of effort in keeping the heat soak to a minimum. The 20g that's going in it won't show up until Monday, but I should be able to tweak my current setup with the stock injectors to run 19-20psi and be happy enough with that. Maybe after I get the injectors I bought refunded, I'll look at trying again. I'll probably go with 750-850's next time. 

roadtrip1098

I went with AUS injectors. On further inspection, one had some debris stuck in the filter basket, was actually the filter material and another had a cracked tip. I think I'm going with DW next go round. It'll cost more, but people have been getting better results with them.  I also may just go 750-850cc. I'm noticing that running meth takes a lot of IDC out when it kicks in.

Edit: On further inspection, 3 of the 4 had cracked tips. Quality stuff right there. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back