Are you participating?

• Yes

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters

SoMeWRX

EDDIITTT!!!!!

Voting is over! We will be doing the drive Sunday, July 13!!!!! Get excited! More to follow on meetups etc.

Ok all, as you know spring has passed. Because of a busy June, the spring drive has become a summer drive. The route has been chosen and will run from Farmington north to Rangely, Stratton, and then back down. We will have arranged morning meets in the Portland and Augusta areas to meet for the ride to Farmington. Please feel free to plan other meet ups for the rides to Farmington and back. Here is the link to the route:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Rangeley,+ME/Farmington,+ME/Stratton,+Eustis,+ME/Rangeley,+ME/@45.0183081,-70.6274003,10z/data=!4m26!4m25!1m5!1m1!1s0x4cb13a5410954cad:0x88bf8bd89e4cda63!2m2!1d-70.6427102!2d44.9656821!1m5!1m1!1s0x4cb19a2fea708c99:0x9528d3894c61193!2m2!1d-70.1512169!2d44.6704998!1m5!1m1!1s0x4cb0e07571faaddb:0xadf15e1847423905!2m2!1d-70.4382919!2d45.1404965!1m5!1m1!1s0x4cb13a5410954cad:0x88bf8bd89e4cda63!2m2!1d-70.6427102!2d44.9656821!3e0

WOW that was a longer link than I expected. I will try and edit that.

Below you will find a space to vote for the potential dates of this drive in July. As usual, we are set on the date being a Sunday as that has been strongly preferred in the past. I have foregone any conversation about July 20th as that is the weekend of the NEFR and many of our club will be participating in some way.

As always, bring your walkie talkies, your own food, and whatever wonderful women you can con into accompanying you for the long drive. I almost lost my girlfriend out the window about 4 hours into the kanc a few years ago, so careful with that one. More the merrier!! 

Please feel free to PM me with any questions. There are no dumb ones! If you have never been to any club events, make this the first one! It is a great chance to meet everybody and and see some beautiful cars.

Last edited by a moderator:

BobJob

1. If personal opinion matters at all, I would rather not do a drive on 4th of July weekend if only for the added police presents and nothing else, not to mention traffic of travelers.

Matt

lets just make it official for a july 13th group drive. Overall votes seem to be looking that way anyways. This should be a pretty epic drive with some awesome roads and great views so dont forget your cameras. Hopefully the summer weather cooperates though! Im not really familiar with the area or road so im looking for a little help from who ever is, itll make things easier. If we can time it right maybe we can have lunch at sugarloaf??

BobJob

I'm in. I am very familiar with the roads and would be more than willing to meet a group in Augusta before hand. Not sure if I should lead the whole drive in my NA outback though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt

Well the route claims it's only 2hr17min but I'd imagine it'll take a little longer with scheduled rest stops and regrouping. If we want to stop at sugar loaf for lunch. Say 12:30ish I'd say the drive would start at say 11:30?? Portland people would want to meet at like 10ish I guess to drive up and other groups can schedule groups to drive in together. I'm just shooting from the hip on times so if someone wants to chime in and set times and meeting points

Visonik

Maybe I could meet up with you Portland folks if i go? I'm in Freedom, NH, which is about an hour from Portland, or an hour and a half from Gray (which seems less out of the way) if anyone is going to be meeting around there..

BobJob

I wasn't thinking a fast drive, but there are always hot rods among suby folks. I love a good cruise. If a group meets in Augusta its 30 minutes to Farmington if there is another group to meet there.  From Farmington its about 45 minutes to Sugarloaf.  Id recommend meeting in Augusta on Civic Center drive somewhere so we can hop right on 27 toward Farmington and its right off 95 for those coming north.  Walmart has enough space and those who went to the Red Robin meet knows where its located or the civic center is also across the street. Meeting in Augusta at 10:30 would give time for stragglers or socializing and stopping in Farmington to meet another group and Sugarloaf area by 12:30.

Matt

Is there any actual interest in doing this. Lack of response to it is starting to make me question this.

jojo69

I've already told the wife I got plans for the 13th! I'm in as long as its not cancelled.
default_tongue.png

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
I dunno why you dont make it the weekend of NEFR. Lots of good reasons to go on a Subie drive up north, and some honest to gawd rockin' rally Scoobs to see at the service park up to sunday River and then spit flame out there on the stages. We'll be there in the #110 Last Ditch Racing Open Class STI.

newenglandforestrally.com

jojo69

So, since Matt wants some activity in this thread, let's see if we can make this happen.

Anyone else going to this from the Augusta/mid-coast area that wants to meet in Augusta before heading out? I saw Coupedupsubie mention the Civic center area/texas roadhouse area. As long as we decide on a meet spot, I don't care where.

Anyone?

I could go to Augusta if I had to, but it's kind of out of the way south for me. Waterville would be better.

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
We might go through augusta, perhaps Waterville might be a better rally point? That is if we're going to rangely

Latest posts

Back