2006 FXT is this n00b's first Subaru

SubestegasREXT

Hello all,

I just picked up my very first Subaru.  My daily driver was a first gen Audi TT Quattro which was a bunch of fun to toy with.  For anything serious, driving with people or taking the dog anywhere, we used my gf's Prius which met all our other needs.  Until she moved away to start PT school...  I quickly realized how useless my TT was.  

Initially I was just gonna buy a beater to do everything else with.  My only stipulations were that it had to be stick, not front wheel drive and not a pickup.  I quickly saw the utility of a wagon and came across the outback and forester.  After test driving a bunch of NA's I was recommended the turbo XT which I did not know about.  After some research I realized that they are faster, by a lot, than the TT Quattro...  

I decided to go all in when I found this 2006 XT 5sp MT and I have not looked back since.  This car is as fuel efficient as, lighter than and faster than the Audi.  Needless to say the TT is for sale now.  I dont have any immediate plans for the FXT but I would like to tighten up its handling and then looking for more power, which I understand is quite simple since this shares a similar motor with WRX's and STI's.

Here are some pics and I hope you all enjoy my ride!!

_20140901_152153.JPGIMG_20140826_170236 SMALL.jpgIMG_20140828_165013 SMALL.jpgIMG_20140828_165106 SMALL.jpgIMG_20140828_165158 SMALL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back