Need help! 2012 wrx

cbarker1324

I need to know where I can buy/find some red daytime running lights for my 2012 subaru wrx, and what size bulb I need for the running lights. All help is appreciated because I can't find any red ones anywhere
default_frown.gif

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092
I hate to be a party pooper, but current law dictates that red and/or blue forward-facing lights may not be used on road vehicles in Maine unless the vehicle is an emergency vehicle, school bus, or a rural mail carrier car.

Amber and white are the only acceptable colors.

Source: I have every inspection license endorsement except motorcycle.

Last edited by a moderator:

cbarker1324

I live in NC. I've seen people with blue and red... I don't know if they have ever gotten a ticket for it though. 

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092
Gotcha. If it's legal in NC and that's where you register/inspect it, you can probably do it. I'd check your laws though.

Are you up in maine for school/work, or just visiting this message board?

Maine police aren't really tolerant of blue/red lights since they are illegal in this state, so I wouldn't run them if you spend any significant time here.

cbarker1324

Just visiting the message board to just get help on this little detail is all. I've actually never been to Maine before lol, but if you have any help with the size of the bulb that I need or where I can find the red running lights at, please let me know!

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
The daytime bulb is the high beam which I believe is a 9005. I'm pretty sure of this. Not sure where you could get that color though. It's only half output.

Latest posts

Back