Dash Light / Shifter Lights Out

scubiecraig

Hi Everyone,

The light behind my odometer went out the other week, and I also noticed the light where my shifter is (auto) has gone out.  It's not a huge issue, but I was wondering how hard it is to replace them?  (Especially the one behind the odometer).  Does the whole dash need to be taken apart to get to it?  

Willwrb04

Hi Everyone,

The light behind my odometer went out the other week, and I also noticed the light where my shifter is (auto) has gone out.  It's not a huge issue, but I was wondering how hard it is to replace them?  (Especially the one behind the odometer).  Does the whole dash need to be taken apart to get to it?  
I just orders a bunch of blue t5 replacement led dash bulbs for my car. I have a few out and is very spotty and hard to read at night. I read a bunch of stuff the past couple days on how to convert everything to led, by getting some gel sheets (whatever color) and place around the dashes, take everything apart, get led's and solder them in there with resistors and stuff but i didn't want to go through the hassle so I just ordered blue t5 dash replacement led bulbs from wally world lol. 5 bucks for a 5 pack. Found this the other day that may be helpful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WixJ-C1-lA4

Last edited by a moderator:

scubiecraig

Thanks for the link William.  That seems pretty straightforward actually.  I'll just have to set aside some time to do it, and when it's not so windy and cold.  Luckily all that's blown so far on mine is the odometer, which isn't pertinent that I have at night... if it were the speedo, I'd be more concerned!

Marino

I <3 BOOST
I just went through this with my RS

Wicked easy! It's also a good idea to replace all the bulbs at the same time while your in there.

Nice to see ya on here Craig!

scubiecraig

Thanks Marino
default_smile.png
 Yeah I figure if I go through all that work to take the dash apart, might as well replace them all at the same time.  Murphy's law would say that if you put everything back together, within the next week or so, another one would blow out!  haha

Latest posts

Back