My 01 Forester

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I recently acquired this from my little sister after she got an 05 3.0 Outback. I've helped her with this ever since she bought it, and have done a few upgrades and mods to it when time allowed. Now I get to continue when money and time allows. Probably won't have much done to it for quite a while. A few pics:

Has a 2" lift, rain guards, rear wind deflector, sti strut bar, my 05 wrx front seats, soon to have the rears as well, spt oil cap, 6 disc cd changer, and a few other odds and ends.

This is a set of S wheels we painted for a set of 215 70 16 Grabbers

This is with them installed

Pic of the rain guards installed

Rear wind deflector

Painted grille

My 17" wheels with 225 60 17 Hankook snows

Took her basket off, and installed my new Yakima

And a pic of the group, with my sisters new car.

Last edited by a moderator:

IBratmanI

I also have a set of 1" hubcentric wheel spacers that will go on with the Grabbers after winter.

Also really want to wire up a couple switches. One for going between 2wd and awd, and one for locking the center diff for 50/50 4wd. Unfortunately I have no clue about that wiring stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

IBratmanI

So unfortunately, this already has an issue. But technically it was a pre existing condition, ever since my sister bought it. I never witnessed it for myself till I've been driving it everyday. The transmission does weird things. When it's cold, when you take off, and it shifts into 2nd, it acts like it's in neutral. Then, it'll sometimes slowly slip back into gear, or slam into gear. Also, the awd often doesn't engage when you take off. It will spin a front tire, and then the awd will kind of clunk in. From what I'm told, the tranny has o rings that need to be resealed. I was told about $400 to have this done. Unfortunately, I'm a bit tight on money. I'm hoping I can get it taken care of soon though.

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
I recognize those wheels! Pretty sure they've only been on lifted cars too lol. Lookin good! I dig the wind deflector. Does it help keep crap off the window? My foresters hatch is "naked" and I keep going back and forth between leaving it that way or adding the duckbill or deflector.

IBratmanI

I recognize those wheels! Pretty sure they've only been on lifted cars too lol. Lookin good! I dig the wind deflector. Does it help keep crap off the window? My foresters hatch is "naked" and I keep going back and forth between leaving it that way or adding the duckbill or deflector.
Lol yep. They've been around. It does help keep stuff off the rear window, but it still does get crap on it. I just think it looks better with something on it, rather than being naked.

IBratmanI

This is finally getting the transmission replaced next Thursday. It'll be nice to have a car that drives normal.

IBratmanI

New transmission is in. They left the throttle body clamp loose and a vacuum line unplugged, but I figure that's minor. Even Mikey left my throttle body clamp loose lol. Goes so much better now.

IBratmanI

Back together. Not perfect, but it'll do for now. Huge thanks to Gabe for getting me the parts and lending a hand.

IBratmanI

Another big thanks to Gabe for giving me a hand last night with retiming this and cleaning out the shattered mess behind the timing cover lol. It had jumped 2 teeth when I hit the deer. Luckily it wasn't more than that. Runs the way it was supposed to now.

cwiggin

Atleast you was able to get parts quick! She's coming together good! Lower it like the green one was, that foz looked good

IBratmanI

Atleast you was able to get parts quick! She's coming together good! Lower it like the green one was, that foz looked good
Yeah Gabe helped out with the parts big time. Thanks! This one will stay lifted. It's currently my only driveable car, and my winter car, so lowered just wouldn't make sense for me. The old Subarus won't be driven in the winter.

Latest posts

Back