Full 2006 WRX chassis + body panels - no running gear (gauging interest)

Hi all,

I am about to begin building my Factory Five 818S (street version).  I made a change in my donor plan at the last minute (I already have the 818 in my possession), and I just picked up a 2006 WRX from North Carolina.  The car in transit as I write this, and should be here in the next few days.  It's not wrecked, and it looks to be rust free and in incredibly good shape.  

To simplify things, let's just say I'll need every electrical or mechanical component on the car.  What I won't need is the chassis, headlights, tail lights, any of the glass or body panels.  I also won't need the interior trim panels or dash (though I'll need front seats, seat belts, pedals, steering wheel, column, and instrument cluster).  

The car appears to be in great shape and free of rust.  The paint looks good, it's not wrecked, and it's complete.  If somebody up here was looking for a good base for a project car, wanted to start with something already stripped down to put a roll cage into, or just wanted to put their good mechanicals in a body that hasn't been rusting through Maine's winters for the last decade, this might be a great opportunity to grab it all before I part it out.  

Obviously, it's not here yet, so I haven't inspected it up close to verify the condition.  Until that happens, this is just to gauge interest.  But is anyone looking for something like this?  

IMG_0033.JPG

IMG_0031.JPG

injulen

I would jump on this in an instant if I had a garage to keep it in. Out of curiosity, how much would something like this go for?

It looks like the car should be here tomorrow, so I'll be able to have a look at it in person for the first time.  

Regarding the title - I bought the vehicle with a clean title from an insurance auction with a damage type listed as "mechanical," which is what they say when the car has a blown engine.  When I go to apply for a new Maine title, the state pulls the VIN and checks the insurance records to see if the car was written off as a total loss or not.  That determines whether I will be able to get a clean or a rebuilt title on the car.  I've bought two other vehicles at auto auctions just like this, and I've had one go each way (clean title vs. rebuilt title).  

Regarding time frame, that depends somewhat on whether the DMV will issue a clean or rebuilt title, and whether the next buyer cares about the title at all.  If I can just dismantle the car and pull the things off that I need, the body/chassis will be available relatively quickly.  I'd say probably by mid-February.  If I have to get a rebuilt title, it'll mean rebuilding the car before applying for title.  I'v got a running engine, transmission, and rear end to do that (for the 818 build), but it'll obviously take more time.  

Obviously, I'm also not opposed to parting this out.  Selling just the chassis to somebody who wants to cage it for a rally car, for instance, and selling the body panels piecemeal.  But the thing appears to be in great shape, and it's almost a shame to have to part out a nice, rust free body that doesn't need painted.  It's a one-stop solution for somebody with a wrecked or rusty car that's got a solid drivetrain in it.   

freelife04239

I'm rebuilding my 04 wrx but am very interested in your car either way clean/rebuilt title. Pm me for an idea or negotiations on the price. I'm in wilton maine, where are you located

The car showed up today.  It's at the bodyshop where I had it delivered, and it'll be a couple more days before it's comfortably in my garage.  But I went over and had a look at it, and it's in amazing shape.  The paint is good, the body is clean.  There's a small dent in the front left fender that looks like it could be fixed with paintless dent removal.  Otherwise, the car is refreshingly clean for a car that's nine model years old.  Gotta love southern cars...

The car is at the body shop where I had it delivered (shipper wouldn't deliver to a residential address).  It'll be in my garage this week, then I'll be able to take some good pictures and respond to everyone who has shown interest...

stand by to stand by

The car is officially in my garage in South Portland (conveniently located really close to both 295 and 95 near the Maine Mall) if anyone would like to come take a look at it.  There's one dent on the left front fender that can probably come out with paintless dent removal.  And the headlights have the typical fogging that comes with age.  Otherwise, the car looks damned clean.  The underneath is so clean and rust free.  I got giddy when I looked underneath the thing.  You've got to love a southern car...

This weekend when we had a little respite from the snow, I pushed the car out of the garage and took some pictures before pushing her right back in.  I'll try to upload them from my camera tonight and post them soon.  

Okay, sorry for the delay on this.  It's been a busy month, and the car has been resting safely in my garage.  In the last week, I've put in a good bit of time on the car, though, and I should have it all stripped down and the chassis will be available for pickup by the weekend.  These pictures were taken about a month ago, and are the only time the car has been outside since I took ownership of it in January.  

At present, I'm only looking to sell the body and interior, though there will likely be other parts for sale shortly.  From the body, I'm keeping the following: all mirrors, rear door hinges and latches, hood hinges, and all locks/keys.  All body panels, headlights, tail lights, chassis, and glass are available.  I'd prefer to sell the whole car together, so I'll not sell body panels individually until I know there are no buyers for the whole package, or until the chassis is sold.  

Asking $750 for the chassis or $1500 for the chassis and all body panels.  

This is a nice, rust free car from North Carolina.  You don't find cars like this in New England, so if you're looking to restore your rusty old car to its former glory, this is what you need.  

DSC02081.jpeg

DSC02082.jpeg

DSC02083.jpeg

DSC02085.jpeg

DSC02086.jpeg

DSC02092.jpeg

DSC02087.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

scubiecraig

If you do not have a buyer for the whole bodypanel/chassis, I'd be interested to see how much you would want for the hood. I have been looking for an 06-07 hood for years, and haven't found a suitable swap.  This would be perfect.

07NAHWKI

I would be interested in the 3-piece front grill inserts, and the headlights and taillights if you don't find a buyer for the whole chassis/bodypanels. 

I would be interested in both front fenders and potentially interested in the back seats.

I cant quite tell for certain from the pics, is the interior the standard blakc and grey cloth?

Latest posts

Back