Spring Group Drive 2015!

What date do you want to do the Spring Group Drive?

• April 26th

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • May 17th

Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters

Elfie

VOTING IS FINISHED!

WE HAVE CHOSEN

APRIL 26TH!!!!

It's that time of year again! Spring Group Drive time!

This year we've decided to change it up a little bit.
Spring Group Drive - Up the Midcoast of Maine!

Southerners will meet at the South Portland Park and Ride around 9:30am, and will leave around 10am.

Northerners will meet at the Topsham Target by the mall around 10am.

They will wait there for the Southerners to arrive, and then everyone will head up the midcoast of Maine towards Camden!

We will be stopping at Camden Deli for lunch!

After lunch we will cruise route 17 through Union, over to Gardiner. In Gardiner any northerners that want to, can jump on 295 and head home; however, the rest of us will continue the cruise down route 24 towards Brunswick / Topsham. We will stop at the Target in Topsham yet again for the official end of the cruise where people can head their separate ways. I'm sure a bunch of us will be cruising 295 back towards the Portland area for whoever would want to join.

I hope you all like the plans. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please be sure to inform one of the moderators or just ask on this event page!

We hope to see many of you there, and we hope for a fantastic kick off to the Spring and Car Season!

Last edited by a moderator:

Boostin11STI

April 26 is my birthday, and I have to work.
default_additional_mad2.gif
  So I voted for May 17th, will be warmer then too. Hope I can make it and meet some of you guys.

Isacco

I voted for the 17th. i think with a little more lead time we may get a better turn out. So stoked! 

Megulpha

17th!!!

I am stoked! I live right around this area and I am a new member. Cant Wait! There are a couple areas that could park a lot of cars next to each other. That if are not to busy should be wide open! Camden Deli has the best lunch food!

Also A few entusiast in the area definietley round them up hopefully be a fun gathering!

Elfie

Camden Deli is where I was planning on going. I have a timeshare at Samoset Resort, and my family and I go to Camden Deli to eat all the time!

Elfie

Hey everyone! We decided on April 26th, because May 17th was not only the first AutoX of the season, but it was also Import Face-Off, and we did not want to make people have to choose between IFO and the group drive because both events are popular and a ton of fun! We hope to see many of you there, and we hope for a fantastic day!

Isacco

I should be able to make it for the 26th. 

Does anyone know if there are any gas stations with 93 along our route? 

Elfie

The total drive from the South Portland Park and Ride, back to the South Portland Park and Ride will be right around 200 miles. So you "should" be able to do it in one tank of gas. Just fill up right before we leave SoPo.

Isacco

Thanks guys!

I'll be driving down from Bangor so i figure that should put the whole trip at around 300 miles. to the best of my knowledge there isn't a 93 station between Bangor and Topsham. 

I'll figure something out. Unsurprisingly this is an issue i have to deal with frequently. 

injulen

Thanks guys!

I'll be driving down from Bangor so i figure that should put the whole trip at around 300 miles. to the best of my knowledge there isn't a 93 station between Bangor and Topsham. 

I'll figure something out. Unsurprisingly this is an issue i have to deal with frequently. 
Bring 5 gallons in a tank in the trunk!

Latest posts

Back