From his hands to mine, 02 bugeye. A love story.

Blake9867

So on March 9th 2015 i had plans on an 01 forester that was posted on Craigslist after talking with the owner and them not moving on price ondecided I wanted to check it out rather way 107000 on an 01 with a lot of extras. Could be with it but when push came to shove the guy dicked me around and pulled my chain to the end. My girlfriend pointed out an add on a swap and sell on face book for a wrx an 02 and it was in farmingdale les then 2 miles from my house and i happend to have gone to school with the guy. So here I am looking at an add for a 02 wrx with 169994 on it and a 4700 price tag I talked him down to 3800 befor I left my house. Got there and checked it out car is awsome a few minor dings but no underbody rust or frame rust there was one spot on the rear wheel weel like all Subies of age and the check engin light was on for the 3.5 inch cat back. So me the dude and my father haggled alittle more and we settled with a deal of 3000 flat and the guy was to get the car inspected that leads me to march 10 th me and my dad take the car for a test drive getting looks from 2 cops as my father is trying to catch up to traffic with the cat back rumbling did I pull to 102 in 4th gear brought it back and sighed papers so I'm 20 years old and I own the car I've wanted since I was 13.image.jpg

So when I bought the car it had a white wingless trunk. It was either plasti dip the roof and hood when it warms up or find a black trunk. After consulting with my aunt about how I like loud music and cops are dicks I don't want to be more of a target then I already am in a wrx. So I searched the forms and found a black trunk with a wingimage.jpg had to do some work to the wing the bottom was cracked so I took it off and fiberglassed then painted and reattached with a waterproof appoxie after that I had orderd front and rear anti sway bars by cobb tuning and with the help of my good friend to and his fathers garage those got put on but not after a lot of bruised knuckles and pissed off looks after the hate joy session I went to the interior of the car and installed lights on the floor they are multi function white and blue can be white light or blue light sorry for my excitement I wasn't sure how they would look at night. But I wired them into the switch wire on my head unit so when the key is on they can be on when the keys off no power then another thing I did is I have 2 subs and 2 amps in my trunk and some times I have my mom in the car or some times the radios on or I'm not listening to Basie music I split the remot wire into 2 wires one for each amp but did it from the head unit so it splits about 6 inches out of the head unit from there I installed 2 toggle switches in the dashboard and ran the remote wires into one end of those then ran another from the amps to the other ends of the toggle( no ground needed all ur doing is breaking the connection telling the amp ur head unit is off not allowing the a,p to draw energy from ur battery so it allows me to turn the subs off with out turning the radio off. (Will post pics of that later) after all my wiring the debadged trunk and oem grill really clashed to me so I orderd a jam steel mesh emblmless grill and installed that (pics soon) but that got taken out today with the oem horns as I orderd a set of white hella horn supertones. I also have basic rally armor mud flaps on the way because I don't believe in spending 130 on a piece of plastic. And my back seat is just chillin no bolts due to the upper strut tower bars that are in the mail.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blake9867

These are flora lights blue settingimage.jpg

This is the grillimage.jpg

Thanks for reading I'll be posting update when my mail comes in. My question to you guys is is it worth it to put any money into the engin at this point when it has 170000 on it my honest plan is to drive it untell it breaks and keep my ears and eyes open for another engine and tranni I love this car so much it's one of the last years that the boxy powerful body style was used not hating by any means I'll be driving a new one some day but the new subarus look like fords in my opinion but what do you guys think of my rice car lmao

Blake9867

So I got new horns in and rally armor on finally got around to insuring it to got to go get those maine plates tomarrowImageUploadedByTapatalk1428017233.079625.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1428017248.492120.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back