2005 3.0 H6 exhaust

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
My sister wants to at some point put an exhaust on her car. It's an 05 Outback with the 3.0 She's looking for a good sound, nothing too obnoxious, but noticeable, and with some good growl at higher rpms. Anyone know anyone that makes anything for those cars? I've found headers for the 3.0 but they were for the 2000-2004.

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
My 2001 VDC Outback 6 cyl. muffler had a bypass pipe that once you passed 4K revs made it louder. I guess with the model change in 2005 they changed the muffler.

evil jeff prime

My 2001 VDC Outback 6 cyl. muffler had a bypass pipe that once you passed 4K revs made it louder. I guess with the model change in 2005 they changed the muffler.
Actually, I'm pretty sure they got rid of that bypass pipe for the '02 model. My ex-wife ended up selling her '01 VDC because the exhaust was ridiculously expensive, and the '02 would not fit.

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
When my 01 VDC had 165K  the muffler went. I had to replace the muffler and mid pipe. Subaru wanted $1100 + so I had Midas do the job, still cost me $850.00. Their replacement muffler went at 220K that`s only 55K so you know it was not the same quality. They had to replace it free under their lifetime warranty but still charged for new hangers etc.

evil jeff prime

When my 01 VDC had 165K  the muffler went. I had to replace the muffler and mid pipe. Subaru wanted $1100 + so I had Midas do the job, still cost me $850.00. Their replacement muffler went at 220K that`s only 55K so you know it was not the same quality. They had to replace it free under their lifetime warranty but still charged for new hangers etc.
This is pretty much exactly what happened to the ex, too, except she also needed a header/manifold or something. She would only use her local mechanic, who was her fathers' friend. He could only find the parts from Subaru, so the total quote ended up being over $2k. She decided to do the "smart" thing and trade it for a Chevy Trailblazer, which she has since dumped far more than $2k into. She never was very bright. 

Jamey

I run the quad set up .. nameless muffler deletes with a modified wrx header .so I am pretty much straight pipe haha much loud

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I run the quad set up .. nameless muffler deletes with a modified wrx header .so I am pretty much straight pipe haha much loud
Right, but you have an unequal length header too. Without that, it'd sound like an obnoxious honduh. So that's why I'm saying I assume she'll need something done to her headers to get a decent sound.

i-wagon

I've watched videos online of 3 liters with clamp on fart cans and they really don't sound terrible on factory headers

i-wagon

Watch "Subaru Legacy 3.0R Perrin Axle-back Exhaust" on YouTube

Subaru Legacy 3.0R Perrin Axle-back Exhaust:

Latest posts

Back