Tint my tail lights

Mayfire91

Hey guys,

I did a botched job tinting my tail lights with vinyl, it was my first time, I'd give it a 5/10. I'm well aware it won't pass inspection but I've had plastic dipped tinted tails for 2 years now and have been pulled over 4-5 times in the last 2 years and haven't had anyone say anything about it. I'm just gonna remove the tint come inspection time in January. If you're good with vinyl tint, I'll pay you $30 to tint my rear tail lights and come to you if you're near by. I live in Rockland.. looking to travel no more than an hour's length if possible.

cwiggin

I had tinted tails like that on my 05 leggy, pain in the ass to do, 2 pairs of hands works well, good luck

jojo69

I've done my rears on my hatch. def a pain by self, much easier with someone else using a heatgun/blow dryer. Do you have cut outs or just a plain sheet of vynil? 

I'd be happy to help you at no cost. 

Mayfire91

I've done my rears on my hatch. def a pain by self, much easier with someone else using a heatgun/blow dryer. Do you have cut outs or just a plain sheet of vynil? 

I'd be happy to help you at no cost. 
I attempted with plain vinyl and it was a lot of work. Do you suggest cut outs? I can pick pre-cut's up online if we can do this

jojo69

I have only used cutouts so I can't speak if plain or cutouts are harder/easier. Cutouts may be easier. If u have left over plain we can work with that. Either way, Let me know.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Jamey

The kits are usualy a bit easier but there still no fun .. take your time .. i went thru 2 sets of blue bat kits before having someone do it..

Jamey

The kits are usualy a bit easier but there still no fun .. take your time .. i went thru 2 sets of blue bat kits before having someone do it..

Latest posts

Back