Need a better tune.

Wrx911

I have a Cobb accessport but I need a better tune then the maps that Cobb has posted. Does anyone have suggestions for a good tuner?

jojo69

do you want pro- or e-? How much you want to spend and what are you looking for in a tune. Pro will usually always be best, but if not local, kind of a pain.

Many on here, IIRC, go to NH to get a pro-tune at GraniteState.

In terms of e-tunes, I have had good results with Eric from Torque Perf myself. It's better than OTS Cobb, but not quite pro-tune. very happy with results though. been 2 years. 

I am sure others will chime in

Last edited by a moderator:

xxnightraven73x

^who i am ...what i say --->
eric minehart torqued performance if you're doing etune hes done a few for me including my open source for my rotated setup 

Wrx911

Well i am currently on a stage 2 tune right now. But I am having a issue with overboost so someone suggested I get a 3 port Ebs and a good tune and it should fix the issue. I am not very familiar with the different tuning methods is E tune just where I take data logs and they build a tune from that. And a pro tune is actually done using a Dyno. I don't have a ton of money to spend on it but it sounds like a e tune would be my best bet. I just need to get my boost dialed in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I had an issue with my fxt overboosting. I went from a cat less down pipe to a cates one and it solved the issue 100%. Not sure what you're running, just figured it was worth mentioning.

xxnightraven73x

^who i am ...what i say --->
you are correct on the tuning methods i think it was like 120 for my stg.2 tune from eric  .. when i went to td06 20g it was about the same i have the ebcs as well and ran into an over boosting/boost creep issue even with that but i think that was just a cheap wastegate causing it .. for the record you dont need to drop 100+ on a gs or cobb ebcs a $30 mac valve does the same thing you just need to wire it in yourself id have to look back and find the part number but ive been running one for a year and a half or so 

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
have you tried a low waste gate map from cobb? what are your mods? with the newer (2008+) wrx's and sti's, they are known for mechanical boost creep, an ebcs will probably not fix your problem, only porting your wastegate port on the turbo or an external wastegate may solve your problem

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I ported the waste gate on mine first, and it helped slightly, but didn't fix it. I talked to a few different tuners that told me they might be able to tune it out. Then it was suggested that I try the catted down pipe. That solved everything.

11blackSTi

As has been asked. Do you have a cat less down pipe?

Boost creep is a mechanical issue that cannot be tuned out. I'd try the low waste gate map as has been suggested. If that doesn't help and you are indeed getting mechanical boost creep you will either need to invest in a high flow catted down pipe (as specified in the Cobb map notes) or invest in an external waste gate set up. Regardless of what route you go a pro tune will yield better results than an off the shelf map as it is designed specifically for your car.

Wrx911

so my mods so far is a invidia q300 3" turbo back exhaust it is a catted downpipe. I also have a K&N typhoon intake and have upgraded my fuel pump. I should have mentioned that I have had this overboost issue since i first bought the car with no modifications. I also looked for the low waste gate map on cobbs website and could not find it anywhere. I called Eric minehart today and he said he has a map for my exact setup that we can use as a base and ill do my data logging so we can tweak the map if need be. If the new map doesn't work for me then ill try porting my waste gate or should I just upgrade it to something else? I have also been wondering if i should rip off the K&N intake and put my stock one back on and see if that resolves the issue?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back