Hello from Bangor

NorEaster

Hi everyone, my name is Chris. Im new to the forum, but have loved Subarus for years. I grew up in the mountains of western Maine and spent a lot of time bombing around the logging roads near Grafton and Errol. I love gravel, I love snow, and I love the woods.

Now I live in Bangor, married with kids and I drive a 2010 Forester. Its NA, stock and pretty basic, but I love it and I love what I can do with it. Right now it is also my daily driver, so I don't do quite as much with is as I would like to. As soon as I resolve the issues with my other car I plan on either doing some upgrades to the Forester or buying a FXT.

That being said, my other car is a parked VW TDI Sportwagen, which is not only part of the bloody scandal/recall but it also has a blown turbo and DPF, with a $7k repair. Needless to say I'm not repairing it, as they VW will most likely be buying back from me this summer. So yeah my next turbo will be a FXT.

In the meantime I will be driving around the Bangor area looking for gravel. I had a good time on the Stud Mill Road, please give me a heads up on any other roads like this in the area. I look forward to getting to know the community and hopefully getting involved in some events or ride-alongs.

Peace!

Latest posts

Back