Register Now

Posted Image
Welcome guest, thank you for visiting the MainelySubarus forums! Register today to enjoy the benefits of:

* Informational updates and news concerning the latest Subaru related information, updates, recalls, and more.
* Share and track your Subaru and the unique modifications you have done with our custom Members Garage.
* Finally make friends and have fun discussions in regards to Subaru's and modifications.
* Post and make new threads in a safe and fully moderated environment without the worry of harassment like on other larger forums.
* Users can share their insights and opinions on stores, purchases, and vendors.
* And many many other benefits, register today to experience them all!

Photo

Wheres the 93 octane in Maine?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   inski

inski
  • 5,891 posts
  • Joined 08-April 08
Garage View Garage
Post where you get 93 octane in Maine.

(some info jacked from VWmaine)

Mobile? in Lisbon.

Lewiston. Exxon? on East Avenue near the high school.

Mobil in Bethel still sells 93.

Cumbies by me in Saco, Exxon on rt 1 in biddeford right before arundel. I beleive the mobil at oak hill in scarborough.

mobil by the auburn turnpike exit.

ansleys market on 201, bjs auburn at lest the last time i checked if u dare lol

think the sunoco on Rt.1 in Scarborough has 93. <---maybe not /edit

Mobil in Lisbon. Across from the high school still selling 93 for $4.29.

Bangor, on Broadway

If you know for a fact which gas stations have 93 octane let us all know, please! Share the knowledge. :(

OFFLINE   diabloadsit

diabloadsit
  • 2,164 posts
  • Joined 08-June 08
  • Vehicle:06&quot; Sti
Diddo I need to know so I can stop buying 105 octane to mix with 91.
So there I was.....

OFFLINE   Shorty

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa

• 2,605 posts
  • Joined 10-April 08
  • Vehicle:02 WRX hatchback...
James C Obrien talked to the Maine Oil Dealers and they haven't been bring 93 into the state for months. Even the stations that say 93 haven't been. And they aren't bringing it back. Good bye.

Accessport + 91 map = $675 shipped.

I re-flashed a 91 map and didn't notice a thing.

OFFLINE   MAINIAC XV

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man

• 8,445 posts
  • Joined 17-June 08
  • LocationActon " Gods Country "
  • Vehicle:2013 XV
Garage View Garage

James C Obrien talked to the Maine Oil Dealers and they haven't been bring 93 into the state for months. Even the stations that say 93 haven't been. And they aren't bringing it back. Good bye.

Anyone up for a class action suit for false advertising on the stations that still show the 93 sticker :(

It ain`t over till the fat lady sings ( for those too young it`s a Yogi saying )

OFFLINE   25GTurbo

25GTurbo
  • 1,687 posts
  • Joined 21-April 08
  • Vehicle:O-Five II.V Gee Tee Auto
^^^ im all set with that :(

OFFLINE   Tyler

Tyler
  • 3,286 posts
  • Joined 15-September 06
  • Vehicle:97 22t L & 03 WRX
The mobil in Auburn by the turnpike says 93 still

OFFLINE   diabloadsit

diabloadsit
  • 2,164 posts
  • Joined 08-June 08

That is all good for people who don't have tons of mods on there car but for me I will have to be protuned again on 91.
So there I was.....

OFFLINE   Shorty

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa

• 2,605 posts
  • Joined 10-April 08
Well, then that sux.

OFFLINE   Carter

Carter
  • +Administrator
  • 4,463 posts
  • Joined 04-April 08
  • Vehicle:2011 LRP WRX Sedan Limited
Garage View Garage
I cant find any anywhere.:)

2011 Lightning Red WRX Limited | Perrin 3" Catted DP | Invidia Q300 Quad Tip Catback Exhaust | Perrin Stage 2 AP Tune

OFFLINE   MAINIAC XV

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man

• 8,445 posts
  • Joined 17-June 08
Garage View Garage
The Mobile on 202 in Lebanon just before Rochester still says 93 :iam:

It ain`t over till the fat lady sings ( for those too young it`s a Yogi saying )

OFFLINE   ditch_bound

ditch_bound
  • 367 posts
  • Joined 09-July 08
I just run 91. F it. No knocky knock yet. A few times I have put 87 in it, just to the next station though.

OFFLINE   diabloadsit

diabloadsit
  • 2,164 posts
  • Joined 08-June 08
What?! Well as long as you don't get into boost you are fine.
So there I was.....

OFFLINE   ditch_bound

ditch_bound
  • 367 posts
  • Joined 09-July 08

What?! Well as long as you don't get into boost you are fine.

Yeah, when I put 87 in it I just putted to the nearest gas station to put 93/91 in it.

OFFLINE   Nate

Nate

Founding Father

• 5,615 posts
  • Joined 13-July 08
  • LocationLewiston, Maine
ive heard that even if you find a place that "says" they have 93. that its been so long since they have had a delivery of it that chances are if they dipped the tank it wouldnt be rated at much over 91 anyway. cause its OLD! i think you would be better off going to a good known gas station (that sells lots of fuel) and getting their 91, then finding some small mom and pop shop that still "thinks" he has 93.

i know that modded guys need 93, unless you have the correct map... but if im not mistaken i believe my owners manual only calls for 91 for my wrx. and yes at this point im stock. i shouldnt be running 93 should i?
I used to be a big deal...

OFFLINE   MAINIAC XV

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man

• 8,445 posts
  • Joined 17-June 08
Garage View Garage

ive heard that even if you find a place that "says" they have 93. that its been so long since they have had a delivery of it that chances are if they dipped the tank it wouldnt be rated at much over 91 anyway. cause its OLD! i think you would be better off going to a good known gas station (that sells lots of fuel) and getting their 91, then finding some small mom and pop shop that still "thinks" he has 93.

i know that modded guys need 93, unless you have the correct map... but if im not mistaken i believe my owners manual only calls for 91 for my wrx. and yes at this point im stock. i shouldnt be running 93 should i?

It wouldn`t hurt. Most stations carry 91 or 93:iam: not both, so the extra charge for premium is not dependant upon the rating but just for being called premium. Your car manual calls for 91 as a minimum. If you have an STI than 93 is highly recommended.:(
How do you rate your SPT exhaust over stock. Is it deep & do you get any drone at cruise :)

OFFLINE   Nate

Nate

Founding Father

• 5,615 posts
  • Joined 13-July 08
ill get back to you on that on wednesday (i hope) with pics. its on order and hoping it will be in the car by the middle of the week. i have read lots of reviews... and the guy that have this exhaust all love it! they guys that have it but are coming from a older impreza with catless downpipes and other motor work say its on the milder side sound wise. but others say its too loud. i think sound it objective. haha all in the person ears and what they are willing to put up with. ive heard though,nice loud deep tuned sound at idle. and nice growl when you get on it. cant beat the fit and finish, apparently fits like a glove. and to add to it, its a dual muffler sound on the 08 sedans. oh and at an introductory price of just over $300 for a cat back of its stature..... how can anyone say no. everything else is going for between $800-$1000+ for duals.

OFFLINE   Shorty

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa

• 2,605 posts
  • Joined 10-April 08
I forgot to tell you too, $333 is retail. You still get 15% off that.

OFFLINE   Nate

Nate

Founding Father

• 5,615 posts
  • Joined 13-July 08

I forgot to tell you too, $333 is retail. You still get 15% off that.

is it here yet? is it, is it?
:)

OFFLINE   patsti

patsti

NitrousFed

• 1,533 posts
  • Joined 05-May 07
  • Vehicle:03 G35 Coupe 450+whp/550+ftlbs on 125shot (current is 150+50+ meth/n2o/E85)
OK so I found 93... go to yarmouth mobil... The mobil in westbrook on maine street was never 93 it was always 91... we bought a tank of it went to the track and my friend ran his 93 safe tune... it burnt a valve and we complained... next day they had 91??? for 445 a gal it should have been 93.
rwd

OFFLINE   Jimbo

Jimbo
  • 1,197 posts
  • Joined 04-August 08
^ That's the one right off exit 15. Come off exit to right, and it's at the first intersection you see ('bout .25 miles).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users