** 2004 WRX Recall Info - Cruise Control Retainer Clip

mikebike357

Logged onto my.subaru.com today to log the oil change and found this baby:

Program Number: WWQ01

Year of Recall: 2004

Program Title: Cruise Control Cable Retaining Clip

Summary: Subaru of America, Inc. has determined that your vehicle may have been manufactured with a cruise control cable that could come out of its track on the cruise control lever and lodge on the control lever tab when the accelerator pedal is released. If this condition occurs, the throttle will not return to the idle position and instead will remain in an open position. This condition could occur at any time without prior notice, even while the cruise control is turned off. If you encounter this condition while driving, place the transmission gear selector in the neutral position and carefully steer the vehicle to a safe place on the side of the road. Do not operate the vehicle. Contact the nearest Subaru dealer immediately. To correct this condition, Subaru will install a cruise control cable retaining clip at no cost to you. Please contact your Subaru dealer for an appointment to have this repair performed at no cost to you as soon as possible. Your continued satisfaction with your Subaru is important to us. Please understand that we have taken this action in the interest of your safety and your vehicle's proper operation. We apologize for any inconvenience this matter may cause and urge you to schedule an appointment as soon as possible to have this repair performed

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
Oh boy, you're gonna want to leave it for the day! It takes like 15-20sec to install. Both Patriot and I have them in stock. No problemo.

mikebike357

We were right behind you... passing by where the lady has the bird feeders and teh tree fell next to teh path when you guys got on the trail. I said, "Hmmm... that looks like Mr & Mrs Runnah"

Latest posts

Back