18" Tire Size on a WRX Wagon

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
I'm putting 18's on the wagon this spring. What size tire has anyone been seen running? I know 225/40's will fit, but what about 235/40's? Any suggestions?

Trevor723

I've been checking into wagon suspension setups quite a bit in the last week. It's going to depend a lot on wheel offset, how much camber you can get out of your rear suspension, and how much of a drop you're running. Unless you go crazy I think you'll have to roll the fenders to get a 235 under there.

On a related note... PM sent

EvilAsPie

Must resist autox cracks at shorty...

:-*

Using all willpower...

>
default_wink.png

RedForester08

Joel you want to swap your 05 Bronze winter rims for my 04 WRX rims? If yours are in good shape. I'll pay to mount and dismount. Ha Ha

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
Must resist autox cracks at shorty...

:-*

Using all willpower...

>
default_wink.png
I ain't auto-xin' them. These are street only.

Jerk.

STI springs, wheels are 18x7 et55. They fit the car fine and I can camber like there's no tomorrow. So, it looks like 235's are too wide eh?

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
Joel you want to swap your 05 Bronze winter rims for my 04 WRX rims? If yours are in good shape. I'll pay to mount and dismount. Ha Ha
My bronze wheels are not up to your high standard Jim. They've been curbed. Let me find a pic of what I'm running...

Trevor723

Maybe not too wide given that you're not all that low and there is a lot of offset, but personally I would not want to run a 235 on a 7" rim.

katnip

the car is black. I swear
what he can't pull of in height, he's tries to make up in wheel size >
default_biggrin.png
>
default_wink.png
>
default_biggrin.png

I can say that cause he's as short as me
default_biggrin.png

Evan

member #2 of the 18in crowd huh?

235's are gonna look pretty wide on a 7in wheel. i ran 235's on my 8in OZ's last year and the sidewalls were straight up and down, so on a 7in wheel they're going to hang over each side by a half an inch. just make sure you aren't entering baloon-like territory.

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
Ah yeah, I didn't think of that either Trevor and Evan. I guess I'm glad I asked. 225/40R18's it is.

No thanks to you Moody! Actually, what I lack in height I make up for in length.

Thanks a lot people.

katnip

the car is black. I swear
Ah yeah, I didn't think of that either Trevor and Evan. I guess I'm glad I asked. 225/40R18's it is.

No thanks to you Moody! Actually, what I lack in height I make up for in length.

Thanks a lot people.
sorry, I could not help myself >
default_frown.gif

Rightseat

These only mat black when I'm done.

0830Rwheel.jpg
[/img]

They're off an 08 Leggy 3.0R
yowza! shorty--

them ain't tires, them're RIM PROTECTORS! WHEEL CONDOMS etc etc

you need some fat ole WRX sedan fenders on front of your wag...then even 255s would fit. at the back, well, thass why baseball bats wuz invented. rollin rollin rollin.....

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
I took one off an 08 Leggy last night with 215/45R18's and tried it on for size. 225/40's will go.

And they looked fantasticly huge. Wheel wells were filled to capacity without any monsta truckin' goin' on.

I gotta smash the front to justify the fender swap, kinda like what happened to you, eh Nigel?

Latest posts

Back