Vote "yes" on question 5

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
Who's doing it and what are your opinions. Yes or no? I will be voting yes. For those of you not in the know its to legalize medical marijuana.

Ryan

This country has bigger problems then to worry about mary jane, so I don't have a problem voting yes. Will it pass? Probably not.

boxer3main

<1.8 liter
The caramel brain maker? great stuff. legalize it.

If natural to a locale, that stuff is like cigarettes. In maine, it is killing brains already dying. Havadit, get the suicide over quicker. I went to hugh school not far from that 10million dollar retard festival growing stuff where it never will be normal. Very casual. I saw what it did to several high school mates. 1 is dead btw, the first I ever smelled that stuff was with this person, and it changed him forever and my brother? he was there too...I hope he sees 40. thanks marijuanas!
default_additional_sillylol.gif

it may take 300,000 gallons of water in a self made tropical room to get that crud out, but hey, the high, its fabulous! I feel so giggly! where is the doritos!

There is a need for a chemical in lungs, without it in the brain. that is as optimistic as I have ever been about the smoking. I have cigarettes, it has been a nasty habit since getting knocked over by jet fuel. So it is it is soothing one injury speeding to death in another way, by feeling good before one gets there...

BluWRX02

there is not one death on medical record due to marijuana, its been proven it does not burn or kill your brain cells in fact in certain cases it actually has made some smarter. Maine already is a medical marijuana state question 5 just is making it more lax like California, I will certainly be voting yes, cause now im going to try and find my prescription.

wzrd

The caramel brain maker? great stuff. legalize it.
If natural to a locale, that stuff is like cigarettes. In maine, it is killing brains already dying. Havadit, get the suicide over quicker. I went to hugh school not far from that 10million dollar retard festival growing stuff where it never will be normal. Very casual. I saw what it did to several high school mates. 1 is dead btw, the first I ever smelled that stuff was with this person, and it changed him forever and my brother? he was there too...I hope he sees 40. thanks marijuanas!
default_biggrin.png

it may take 300,000 gallons of water in a self made tropical room to get that crud out, but hey, the high, its fabulous! I feel so giggly! where is the doritos!

There is a need for a chemical in lungs, without it in the brain. that is as optimistic as I have ever been about the smoking. I have cigarettes, it has been a nasty habit since getting knocked over by jet fuel. So it is it is soothing one injury speeding to death in another way, by feeling good before one gets there...
can you explain this therory a bit more so i can understand:iam:...sounds like someone took a few puffs before they started typing:D

TheNailman

Warcock
no offense guys, i used to indulge myself.

while i DO adamantly support the legalization of medicinal marijuana, and the decriminalization of recreational use, lets not kid ourselves on this issue. some people out there, and perhaps on here, will tell you that herb is harmless, and it makes you smart, etc, etc..

1. it makes you stupid. you might think it makes you really smart, but it doesn't. it just makes you think you're really smart. ever watch cops? you know the guys that you laugh at who are stoned off their asses, trying to explain to the po-leese why they were driving 30mph in a 45, with no headlights on? that's what you (and when i say you, i mean any of us who indulge(d) look like.

marijuana has proven to delay reaction time to stimulus, as well as hinder decision making abilities. heck, marijuana was recently decriminalized here in mass, but you bet your ass if you get pulled over driving, and it becomes obvious to mr. john law that you're oui of mary j, you're still going to jail for oui. and rightly so. i dont want my mother, or my sisters getting killed, because someone has the giggles, and drives them off the road.

is drinking alcohol a more impairing drug? there is no question that it is. but don't kid yourself. it's still a drug.

2. marijuana is bad for you.

again, flame me all you want. that wont change anything. hear me out.

next time you're smoking a cigarette, exhale the smoke through a layer of paper towel that you hold over your mouth. now examine. there will be a little yellow spot on the towel where the nastiness that wasn't absorbed into your lungs, was deposited on the towel. gross, nasty, and undoubtedly carcinogenic. now, roll yourself a nice fattie. take a pull of of that, and repeat. you will see an even greater deposit on the paper towel. even worse isn't it? don't tell me i'm wrong, i have done it.

"but nailman, nobody has ever died from smoking herb!" ORLY?

I'm not even going to repeat the above mentioned oui scenario's that have undoubtedly happened over the years. how about long term marijuana smoking studies? has there been one published by the fda? american journal of medicine? new england journal of medicine? NOPE.

however, you can bet your ass there will be. and in time, you will see.

don't be fooled. smoking anything causes cancer. tobacco, marijuana, opium..... think of the concept of putting that nasty stuff in your lungs, a porous living tissue. feel sick a lot of the time? cough and hack up bad nastyness? yea. admit it or not, i've been there.

that being said, i'm sure herb is pretty harmless in it's other forms. . . tea, butter, delicious, delicious brownies. . .. .

legalize it for the terminally ill? YES!

decriminalize the use of, and possession of small quantities for personal use? YES

regulate it the way you would alcohol, with restrictions on sale to minors? oui penalties, and taxation similar to tobacco? YES

default_biggrin.png

EvilAsPie

legalize it for the terminally ill? YES!

decriminalize the use of, and possession of small quantities for personal use? YES

regulate it the way you would alcohol, with restrictions on sale to minors? oui penalties, and taxation similar to tobacco? YES:hiding:

Agreed.

MikeD

N/A All The Way!!
I think that regulating pot is a lot harder than alcohol. Alcoholic drinks are governed, pot bought from Jimmy your dealer is not. To get a company with the balls (media and public relations crap storm), and means to produce a commercially available product isn't likely. No one will be able to buy it because of the taxes that will be put on it, I don't smoke cigs, but I know that they're pricy. In addition, what are the laws going to be about driving while under the influence...and there is an influence. Whats the limit and how do authorities tell?

I can't comment on medical use, I just don't know enough about that end of the spectrum. But making it available on a commercial level, not a chance.

Stein

Stein
I can't comment on medical use, I just don't know enough about that end of the spectrum. But making it available on a commercial level, not a chance.
It's only medical use is basically as a relaxant to relieve stress. It makes it easier for your body to fight stuff.

Apollyon12

I agree with the Nailman's comments, even though I have never smoked.

As far as regulating it, once apon a time you could distill your own booze. Now it's regulated. And in certian areas of the country you can still get white lightning. That doesn't mean that the current laws governing the sale of alcohol are not working. Pot can, and will someday, be regulated just the same as alcohol.

Iboc_C64

If Cigarrettes are legal, and Alcohol is legal, then this should be too seen as though it is less dangerous than either. We waste far too much money trying to keep it illegal. I say, free everyone in jail on a related charge so long as they have never done anything worse, clear the records of all those with related offences again so long as they have never done anything worse, save all the money spent on this frugal attempt at eliminating one of the worlds most popular and universal supplements and put it all in to education and drug prevention. THEN TAX THE **** OUT OF IT, CIGARETTES AND ALCOHOL!!! After all, if its legal then there is no reason for drug cartels to smuggle it and kill over it. Its not rocket science.

stiXXX

I'm voting "Yes".

Yes, I smoke weed.

I also own my own business with a six-figure gross, and for what I bill an hour, I can assure you that I don't make mistakes-"high" or not.

I could post links to "prove" its medical usefulness, but Google can sort that, if you wish to read.

(Or you can call my 34 yr old friend who has leiukemia, & ask him if pot saved his ass during chemo!)

Maine's been med-legal for a decade, it's a bunch of numbnut legislators that have refused to establish criteria for use and acquisition. Question 5 FORCES legislators to make the WILL of the people, heard.

Cali is about to go FULLY legal, and taxed, and screw the 'feds!

I see a lot if ignorance in this thread-too many people still believe Reagan-era yellow journalism (which started with W.R. Hearst,FYI!) and that's a damn shame.

Information is power, do the research for yourself, and vote based on facts, not lame-o Conservative rhetoric.

Maine WILL vote this in, and I can't wait to see what the powers-that-be will do, when it is.

Latest posts

Back