2011 Subaru STi Sedan. Giving into popular demand

Nicklaus220

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/subaru-impreza-wrx-sti-sedan-should-return-in-2011-ar78535.html
subaru-impreza-wrx-s-4_380x0w.jpg

Subaru finally gives into popular demand (rumors say). I indeed have learned to like both styles, preferably I lean sedan. I really hope this rumor is true.

this was the picture that was on the website. highly doubtful that this is the indeed style. I did not photoshop it.

I was just putting that out there.

Last edited by a moderator:

krazykarpenter

I knew this would happen sometime when everyone freaked out over the switch to the hatch.

I like the hatch and the sedan- will have to see if it is official or not

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I hope they go back to a sedan. Coupe option would be cool too. I have never really liked the hatch thing a whole lot. I continue to not really like it...

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
I think the current hatch looks a lot better then that and I dont even care much for them. That looks terrible.

Tyler

IF they do that, I hope they use a different spoiler on the back ... it looks out of place.

Iboc_C64

I think the current hatch looks a lot better then that and I dont even care much for them. That looks terrible.
Heh, but your car looks like a race care and is therefore a cop magnet. I have had my car almost 9 months and have not been pulled over yet (knock on wood). I can't say that my driving has gotten a lot more careful either:rolleyes:. I will agree that my 09 black hatch is more sedate looking, and that has its advantages. An officer is more likely to pull over "race car" that's doing 15 over than an innocent looking hatch doing 15 over.

-----Added 12/3/2009 at 10:23:53-----

BTW that photo chop is missing a few things, like the fender flares and STI style bumpers. The above is basically a WRX Sedan with 18" wheels, and STI grill and older STI style wing. You could build one just like that if you wanted to bad enough, but you might get laughed at. The car above is basically a lame version of WRXnates car. (Im not saying Nate's car is lame, quite the opposite actually)

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
that photo has been around since the 08 redesign started leaking to the press.

I hope that they don't go back. a hatch is a much better platform. it would be nice if it lost some weight and got a wee bit smaller though.

Iboc_C64

I think that the Hatch needs to loose 300 to 400 lbs. Other than that and the crappy plastic interior, I love it.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
I don't mind the plastics that much. They seem to flex even when aged rather than break like some of my european cars (Saab, volvo, BMW, mercedes)

Legwagon

BC-BF-*BJ*
they have always had plastic interior though!!! you get nice longevity and reliability, but you're stuck with plastic interiors!

Ty Ty

Why do people dislike plastic so much? What would you rather have your interior made out of? Wood?

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Why do people dislike plastic so much? What would you rather have your interior made out of? Wood?
I would like mine in cast iron.

-----Added 12/3/2009 at 12:19:18-----

they have always had plastic interior though!!! you get nice longevity and reliability, but you're stuck with plastic interiors!
ok on that note, what doesn't have a plastic interior? a friggen cube van from the 50's?

Iboc_C64

When I say plastic I mean HARD PLASTIC. Like a freakin 90s Dodge Neon. The older impreza were plastic yes, but soft vinyl. My buddie's 2002 OBS has a soft interior. The 2007 rex had soft vinyl with colored door inserts. My 2009 is either black or silver and its all hard plastic. There are NO door inserts at all. If you look at it wrong it will scratch or scuff and its not comfortable to lean on. There is no color either, unless you count the red stitching and WRX embroidered in the front seats. The only Vinyl is the elbow rests. I don't call them arm rests because they only cover your elbow, that's it. Oh and there is nothing for a center arm rest either unless you pay extra for the extension.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
When I say plastic I mean HARD PLASTIC. Like a freakin 90s Dodge Neon. The older impreza were plastic yes, but soft vinyl. My buddie's 2002 OBS has a soft interior. The 2007 rex had soft vinyl with colored door inserts. My 2009 is either black or silver and its all hard plastic. There are NO door inserts at all. If you look at it wrong it will scratch or scuff and its not comfortable to lean on. There is no color either, unless you count the red stitching and WRX embroidered in the front seats. The only Vinyl is the elbow rests. I don't call them arm rests because they only cover your elbow, that's it. Oh and there is nothing for a center arm rest either unless you pay extra for the extension.
the interior on my 06 is the same basic materials as the 09's I have been in.

the only thing that is hard plastic would be the dash center console and the guage cluster.

same as the new ones.

Iboc_C64

Mine is hard plastic. As in, if I had a piece and bent it, it would snap in 2. All the other subarus I have ridden in have soft vinyl for the majority of the doors and dash. It kinda looks and feel like fake leather. This is the kind of stuff you can put armor all on. My car looks horible and streaky and oily when you put armor all on it and it feels like a piece of cheep linoleum on concrete or a kitchen counter top. It is just made to look like Vinyl.

Latest posts

Back