Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

Ryan

Bummmpppppp this thread
default_confused.gif
Just got a PS3 and MW2. This is basically my first FPS for a console... ever. I always played FPS's for PC, but no money to upgrade the PC every 3 damn months!

PS3 Network ID: SemperFi314

Stein

Stein
Bummmpppppp this thread
default_smile.png
Just got a PS3 and MW2. This is basically my first FPS for a console... ever. I always played FPS's for PC, but no money to upgrade the PC every 3 damn months!
PS3 Network ID: SemperFi314
You must be doing it wrong. I've been able to upgrade my PC for pretty much free
default_confused.gif
. It's a 3 year old PC using AMD 939 parts (so older than 3 years). I got a free Opteron dual core processor to upgrade it, I bought 2GB of DDR500 memory for it for like $60 (a steal for DDR, even though DDR2 was like $30 for 2GB at that time), and I won a DFI Ultra-D motherboard in a contest.

Oh, and I also bought an 8800GT when it came out for like $235 (its was depressing when I could find them for $50 used
default_frown.gif
).

I don't think I'll ever switch to console gaming. Only things like Gran Tourismo which they won't make for PC
default_tongue.png

I'm set to not buy anything else until maybe late 2010 if I'm lucky. Maybe a new graphics card.

Last edited by a moderator:

inski

Ryan do the entire game, then do some of the special ops mini-games, then you'll be ready for multiplayer online. I've never played FPS until COD. Theres a steep learning curve but you'll have it figured out half way thru the game. Don't get frustrated, we all get a whoopin now and then. Its a game, have fun.

I am inski21 online, PS3.

I see Nailman online but don't think I've ever been in the same match with him. I'd suggest we'd get a Scooby team going online but I suck and you probably dont want me on your team.
default_confused.gif

Ryan

Yeah I know what you mean Inski. I get sooo frustrated with using a controller for FPS games. I am so used to playing FPS games with a mouse and keyboard, so using a joystick to aim around is very very different. It feels clunky and inaccurate, but I know it will just take practice. I suck just as bad so it's all good
default_additional_sillylol.gif
I'll add you next time I'm on.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Yeah I know what you mean Inski. I get sooo frustrated with using a controller for FPS games. I am so used to playing FPS games with a mouse and keyboard, so using a joystick to aim around is very very different. It feels clunky and inaccurate, but I know it will just take practice. I suck just as bad so it's all good
default_additional_sillylol.gif
I'll add you next time I'm on.
It takes time. I used to get murdered unless I had mouse/keyboard. I generally find the 360 controller to be the best one I've ever used, and I can be pretty dead on with it. I generally have to supplement my aim with the right stick by character position with the left stick, but it ends up working out quite well to get that extra sensitivity range.

i-wagon

i just started the campaign on 360, the brother in law and i should be on multiplayer soon deadsnyper something and sp3rmy1 gamertags

Fozzy

this ought to cause some discussion:

what are your guys' views on the airport campaign mission. personally, i dont see how the hell it got into a game. apparently in Russia, they outlawed the game and is not available to buy.

Ryan

this ought to cause some discussion:
what are your guys' views on the airport campaign mission. personally, i dont see how the hell it got into a game. apparently in Russia, they outlawed the game and is not available to buy.
I was quite shocked when I played this mission... not quite sure why they added... it's completely unnecessary.

Stein

Stein
it's completely unnecessary.
Wow, really? I originally thought (after hearing about it and all of the controversy of it) that it was just OK. It's like Grand Theft Auto games but where the goal is to shoot, not steal+shoot+roadkill. Hearing that they just added for, in my opinion, probably the publicity, is quiet pathetic.

Kristof

Banned
the whole point was that it was vital to the plot and how the whole war got started. i dotn see the harm the game is rated mature and we all knwo we love goign and killing random peopel in games ( we all do it when given the chance). pedro send me a friend request tonight if you can on live im always on you too garret

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
the whole point was that it was vital to the plot and how the whole war got started. i dotn see the harm the game is rated mature
This. It was part of the plot and started the whole war. (great tragedy, bunch of civilians killed, big war started, sounds familiar don't it?) They even asked you in game if you wanted to skip it so you wouldn't get offended.

Latest posts

Back