RIP Eric Benson 8/26/85 - 5/23/10

-=Lobstah=-

RIP Eric Benson (Lost In Maine)

I saw it on NES this morning, and it was shocking....

My thoughts are with his family.

PS: What the hell is this world coming to???? Whoever did this needs to pay......

boxer3main

<1.8 liter
I just caught that on the news.

so gangsta like.
default_rolleyes.gif

recently in bangor some kids went rage and even a gun death.. not normal. Associating hate with ethnicity gets me in trouble, I won't.

RIP. that was a young guy...

I hope the aurora of the unsafe I feel goes away, I will run off into the woods of another country first and play an ancient surname game.

I hope this beating gets taken seriously.

TheNailman

Warcock
dude. .......that's messed up. i hope something truly aweful happens to the scumbags that were involved in this.

i only met him a couple times, but he really seemed like a good dude
default_rolleyes.gif

-=Lobstah=-

What gets to me too is the police stand on this:

Quote from Portland Press Herald: "Sauschuck also would not characterize the attack as a homicide" ???????? Really, WTH is it then?

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
That is the most asinine thing. They assume that the general public does not know the legal definition of Homicide. It wasn't a damn suicide or self inflicted injury. It was one or more people wounding another person mortaly. It is ****ing simple to understand.
default_rolleyes.gif

BluWRX02

sadly the spot that he was killed is like less than a 100 yrds from where I work so its a sad rememberance.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I found out late last night that it was him. He was a great guy. I spent may hours talking to him on the other Maine Subaru site that he helped start. I was and still am in complete shock. So sad. It always happens to the good ones, the ones that don't deserve it. I hope they catch the person. Damn crazy people. My heart goes out to his family.

Ty Ty

And people wonder why I carry a gun.

Eric had come over here a few times back when he was still running his Audi to look at mine and shoot the breeze. He was a good guy, definately not aggressive in any way, and certainly not a person to provoke that kind of attack.

He had this red Audi before his Sube for people who might not have seen him in the past year or so.

4044805129_522d0ef7fe_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tyler

RIP. My cousin heard this happening while working the other day. Sad, pathetic ... makes me realize that you're never safe
default_idk.gif

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
so weird, so random. but unfortunately not so rare any more.

Just this morning, had a strange thing happen -- a guy was following me and my folks down a sidewalk in Rockland. He was bellowing and screaming obscenities, and punching at the air. I looked over my shoulder, checked the guy out (never saw him before) , which made him scream even louder and speed up walking toward us. I was like, "uh oh, this could get ugly" and was looking for a place to get my folks out of the way before turning to confront the guy. but my mom just said, "frig that, I'm callin 911 on him" so she did. moral: don't mess with 82-yr old granmas! the dude saw her eyeing him while dialing on her cell, so he headed the other way. guess the police got him a few mins later, they told my mom they knew the guy and that "sometimes he just has Really REally Bad Days."

Just having heard about Eric really put me on edge with this weirdo...I'm usually not very paranoid at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

ReZDoG

I'm not ReZPunk
I put it in my Facebook status, but really, i think people need to develop an Awareness of Random Violence in Maine.. It's just not "drive bys" and gang initiations.. My brother was randomly attacked about 10 years ago... Pretty much the same thing, he was just sucker punched in the face... Another good buddy of mine (Some of you know him as JohnnyPhenom) was randomly beaten with a glass mug walking home one night.. he was left for dead on the road side..

There are many more cases like this that happen that are never reported.. Only the extreme ones like Eric's that make the news.. Face it, we cannot go by the "I live in Maine, what can happen" attitude any longer..

Taiden

Wow. I actually knew him. Not very well but more than just an acquaintance. He drove the van from UMF to the cake concert that me and 5 of my friends won tickets to. We used to chat all the time about cars. He was an awesome guy. I can't believe I heard about this through MainelySubarus. This is seriously screwed up. My lord.

ReZPunK

yeah i got suckered outside Gene's across the street from the old megamart on sabattus street. i was out side smoking a butt. two dude walked by and i thought nothing of it. didnt make eye contact, did not say anything, then BAM im on one knee trying to clear my vision..when i stood up they were ****ing running. i was told someone we all knew went after them and jacked them both up, but i cant confirm that.

Taiden

I was expecting it to be an accident, not some random beating. When I saw the title I was hoping he got blindsided while completing the worlds longest AWD subie drift. But no, some fukwads decide to just go and kill the guy.

Latest posts

Back