s10 rims

kcrossman

hey i just got a really good deal on a set of american racing rims from an s10 and wondering what i gotta do to make them fit

Matt

whats the bolt pattern for an s-10??? 5x100 and 5x114.3 i think is the most common bolt pattern for subarus. keep in mind back spacing as well....i think theres a good post under the tire/rim section you should read.

kcrossman

the bolt pattern on my car is 5x100 and the s10 rims are 5x120 just wondering if i could drill the wholes out a little to make them fit

GClark

^^^This, but there are adapters. Google search 5 x100 to 5 x120 wheel adapters. Way safer then drilling your wheels.

Matt

yeah but wheel spacers do evil things to bearings......dont drill your rims to make it fit.....would be the ultimate fail

kcrossman

so my deal on selling the rims fell through but i just found a really good deal on adapters ordering them tommorow cant wait to see it on the car

Blue GT

Curious to see them on the car too.

When you say running spacers is bad for wheel bearings you aren't presenting it as an opinion but more as a statement of fact. An opinion is something like " i don't like wrb wrx'es" no matter what you say I can always say, its my opinion and that can't be proven otherwise.

Spacers/low offset wheels ruining wheel bearings on the other hand can be proved one way or the other. I would go ahead and ask any of the suby guys on WFC or anybody on Nasioc/LegacyGT with wheels wider than 8" or spacers, how many wheel bearings they've gone through. I'm willing to bet its roughly the same % of people that have had to do it on subies without spacers or wider wheels.

Facts can be proven, opinions don't have to be.

Sorry for the rant.......

kcrossman

ok i ordered adapters because the sale fell through what should i run for tires on the rims. the have 245/60/15 on the back and 235/60/15 on front i think the back ones are goin to be to big

Nate

Founding Father
This whole thread hurts my head. Sell the wheels and buy wheels that fit your Subaru (the right way). Wheel spacers (if not done right) are a really bad idea. I'm about 75% sure at some point, one or more of your wheels will fall off, or you will damage something.

Only way I would run anything like that would be if I bought the correct (hubcentric) spacers (10-15mm max). No changing of bolt patterns, or double bolting needed. One you put those adapters on, then mount the wheels, you will have to pull off and re-torque the adapter to the hub, and then torque the wheels to the adapter a few time. Way too many extra parts for me.

Not to mention you are talking about putting on offset tires too? Ugh... Not a good idea for an AWD Subaru.

kcrossman

ok the adapters i got are 20mm aspacers they are 5 x100 to 5x120 there made by adaptit ill give them a try and if i dont like it ill just pull them off and sell them

Nate

Founding Father
20mm?? What was the offset of the rim before? Your adding another 20mm's to the offset? I have this feeling they are going to be sticking WAY out fo the fenders.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
20mm?? What was the offset of the rim before? Your adding another 20mm's to the offset? I have this feeling they are going to be sticking WAY out fo the fenders.
That's what I am thinking too. In for pics

Latest posts

Back