02 Wrx " Waste-gate solenoid a low" Code

02 WRX

When i use a computer to read the car it comes up with code PO245, which is wastgate solenoid a low, it also reads misfire in cylinders 2 and 4.

This all of a sudden started happening when i took off from a stop sign one day, the car was skipping and sputtering. i have had an exhaust leak for a week or so and noticed it was getting worse and worse and i was losing power. Thinking that might have been the cause of the problem i went got it welded up. Well, that didn't fix the problem so i hooked it up to the computer. then it read those codes. I read about it and bypassed the solenoid, which is an aftermarket solenoid so it doesn't have the tee.  still having misfire problems and car running bad, i tried adjusting the actuator but the bolt is rusted and wont free up.  i took off the c clap that holds it on and adjusted flipped the waste gate open to see if that would fix the problem. Still running bad, misfiring, and reading the same code.

Wondering if any of you guys have had this problem and was the solution was. It would be great if i could get some answers/suggestions to try.

Latest posts

Back