08 WRX front plate delete compatible to fit on 04 WRX???

Subarulover7

Currently I have a front license plate on my Subaru, but its bend and looks like crap. I want to take it off and get a plate delete that reads WRX, but the one I want says its for a 2008 WRX and up. Is there any difference in hole spacing or alignment from the 04 WRX front plate mounting base that makes it different from the 08? Will this one bellow in the link fit my 04 even know its says for 2008 and up? Any answers or input would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Subaru-Impreza-WRX-Racing-Red-License-Plate-Delete-/331097081717?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d16ec8775&vxp=mtr

Matt

Mounting holes will never change. Obviously the biggest issue you'll face is the lack of a front plate which may draw unwanted attention.

Subarulover7

Mounting holes will never change. Obviously the biggest issue you'll face is the lack of a front plate which may draw unwanted attention.
Yeah theres always that, why does Maine have to be the only state that requires two plates, front plates ruin the look of the car. But thanks for the answer!

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Yeah theres always that, why does Maine have to be the only state that requires two plates, front plates ruin the look of the car. But thanks for the answer!
What? Almost all states require two plates.

Also I never had a problem on my lgt running no front plate. I got pulled over a few times and the cops kinda mentioned I should have it. And then I just stuck it on there for inspection.

Last edited by a moderator:

Visonik

There are always loopholes.... Go to the DMV, tell them your front plate was damaged or stolen (i'd lean more towards damaged if you want to avoid dealing with the theft part of things). You'll pay $5 dollars for a replacement plate and they will give you a slip saying that you're fine to run with just one plate until the replacement arrives. When I heard this loophole, the guy who did it said it took over a month to get the replacement, and when it arrived, he brought it back to the post office and said that it wasn't his so usps sent it back to the DMV. He never got another replacement. I do think the slip expired after a while but he just went through the same process again. It's perfectly legal to run without a front plate as long as you have that slip, but it wont stop you from getting pulled over. It will just stop you from getting a ticket. Unless of course, you would get a ticket for something else, which you always could with that exhaust you have haha.

There's also the option of getting one that's for an 04. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=2004+wrx+front+plate+delete&oq=2004+wrx+front+plate+delete&aqs=chrome..69i57.9481j0j7&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8#es_sm=93&espv=210&q=2004+wrx+front+plate+delete&safe=active&tbm=shop

SoMeWRX

I ran my front plate on the dash at one point but it would always slide around for scratch uip the dash and look terrible. There is no good solution except get rid of it completely and brace yourself for the inevitable side of the road explanation

brycetron

Ran with no front plate years back cause I was being rebellious and I hate the look of a front plate. After I got pulled over three times, two of those within the same hour long ride to Portland, I decided I would rather just have a plate on. Always got warnings but giving them a reason to pull you over isn't worth it imo I did have the plate on my dash for a while. Had a little miss hap where I slammed into a jersey barrier backwards. The plate went screaming out from the dash and into the rear deck. Could have taken my head off. I still kept it up there for a while except I put two suction cups through the mounting holes and stuck it to the windshield. That looked awful.

My main thing is a plate centered. I think its Perrin who makes a off center mounting bracket for my STI. Eventually I will get that. Can also make your own.

As far as your original question, as has been stated. Mounting holes are always the same.

Latest posts

Back