120k service

seph

So, I need some info on the amount of fluids to put back into my car. I'm planning on draining the coolant, and bleeding out the brake fluid. Brake fluid I should be able to figure out, but should I bleed the slave cylinder too? And when I refill the coolant, how much should the car take to fill, and is there a bleeder valve to get the air out? I may have more questions as I start to work through it.

Thanks guys!

Tyler

When I did coolant in my swap, one jug of concentrated coolant plus one jug of water worked fine.

inski

Yip one gal. of un-mixed will be enough once you mix it. On WRXs I pull the lower rad. hose off to make the drain happen a lot faster. Get a new clamp. Using the drain valve on the radiator works but slow.

DOT4 ftw. I use a turkey baster with a tiny diameter hose to suck out the crap from the reservoirs, then fill with new stuff before I start flushing the blakes. That way you're not drawing old yucky stuff that has been sitting in the reservoir for years into the system.

seph

so, no bleeder valve to let the air out of the cooling system? I know on my Saab you have to crack the valve to let the air out...

also, is there a bleeder for the slave cylinder? should it be done while I'm clearing out the old hydraulic fluid...?

Latest posts

Back