1998 Subaru Legacy GT $1500 OBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
Can't believe I'm doing this, I thought I would be the last one to drive this
default_frown.gif
I am asking $1500 or best offer, stickered til' Oct. 2013.

Here goes:

1998 Legacy 2.5 GT (High compression EJ25D)

206,xxx miles

Satin black paint

Hella 550's

Yellow laminex-tinted fogs

Digi-camo interior

Short shifter+knob

Rally Armour basic universal flaps (get's the job done)

Hawk HPS pads in front, Napa basic in rear

AEM intake cone

Straight exhaust to dual tip

Kartboy/Paranoid Fabrications exhaust hangers

20-22mm rear sway bar (I can't remember, maybe Sooch can chime in?)

RS "checkerboard" front seats

P82A0251_zps4e99f16c.jpg

P82A0252_zpsc9b8edba.jpg

P82A0253_zps62699bb9.jpg

P82A0258_zpse4564096.jpg

P82A0254_zps234def6a.jpg

P82A0256_zps1681da8f.jpg

Runs, shifts, and holds power great, it has NEVER overheated, and has only surface rust. It's really fun to drive, an absolute beast in the snow with proper tires, and has never stranded me. I don't want to sell it, but I'm getting back into an Impreza for my daily driver and 4 cars in a bit much. If I could keep it I would.

Since owning it I've replaced: The knock sensor, plugs and wires, fuel filter, fuel pump, alternator, belts, battery, radiator hoses, drivers window switch and other little annoying things like that. I change the oil like an OCD patient, it's usually brown when I change it, never shiny or smelling of coolant. It's been an excellent car to own, definitely my most reliable.

Known issues: Chirping from the throwout bearing. It throws a CEL for the exhaust, but I never cared about that in the four years I've owned it. The power steering pump was acting up, so I used the Lucas power steering additive. She consumes oil (doesn't burn it), and used to knock at startup on cold mornings, so I used the Lucas oil stabilizer. That has drastically improved the overall ride, and has cut down on oil consumption. My guess is that the seals have seen better days at 200,000 miles. What high mileage Subaru doesn't consume a little oil though?

I have the title. The wheels/tires in the pictures are not included in the sale, however, the car will come with steel wheels and brand new tires. PM me with questions, more photos, or if you want to take this thing for a test drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back