2.5 RS Exhaust

05RSKID

Looking to put an exhaust and header on my 05 rs. I was thinking of Borla header and Borla cat back but looking for suggestions on what elts might sound better or preform better.

apkarian100

Vendor
Last edited by a moderator:

05RSKID

Im looking to have a good sounding Subaru but not ignorantly loud. I do like the sound of the stromung so I might go with that.

i-wagon

borla header and prodrive axleback. the prodrives are stupid money but smooth and mellow. I had one on my 2.5i I bought with it new, and stupidly sold it for something louder. live and learn I suppose

05RSKID

I like the sound of the prodrive but I think I'm leaning towards the stromung.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
had a stromung on a GC coupe. too loud and droning, esp @ highway speeds. g/f basically refused to ride in the car -- "do we have to take the Boom Box to town tonight?"

went with STI catback take-off instead, a real nice combo with the borla headers

Flipswitch

Officially stalking this thread
default_cool.png

05RSKID

I have herd a few 2.5rs's with the borla header and sti cat back and they sound pretty good but I have also herd a few that seemed s little raspy and I don't want that. Does yours sound raspy or does it have the good subi tone to it?

had a stromung on a GC coupe. too loud and droning, esp @ highway speeds. g/f basically refused to ride in the car -- "do we have to take the Boom Box to town tonight?"

went with STI catback take-off instead, a real nice combo with the borla headers

His has a nice tone to it. The sound produced can depend on your driving style also. My 1.8 can sound ricey or nice and deep depending on shift points and how much I get on the gas.

I just slapped a 2" thrush turbo muffler in when I replaced the exhaust.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
I have herd a few 2.5rs's with the borla header and sti cat back and they sound pretty good but I have also herd a few that seemed s little raspy and I don't want that. Does yours sound raspy or does it have the good subi tone to it?
tone is subtle suby rumble on startup or low revs in traffic, when you boot it and motor comes onto cams @ 4000, there's no doubt as to what brand of angry lil car it is.
default_additional_ponder.gif

the raspy noises often come from too much restriction in the pipes, and/or those dread Subaru heat shields.

Matt

borla header, stock cat, glass pack for a resonator, 2.5 inch pipe from cat back,flowmaster muffler.......sounds amazing and is by far cheaper than any stromung.......does not get raspy and is deep sounding.....I love the sound

05RSKID

So for an exhaust I will be going with a Borla header stromung high flow cat, wrx mid pipe and a prodrive axle back should have her running tonight or tomorrow so hopefully she will sound great.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back